IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking eye + Equita PLEASE READ

Comments

• Let me know when you've decided ;)
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    So what is "our" suggested strategy with these ?

well I have made my suggestions and even used the words
    "just my views , others might think differently "

so what are or is your suggestion , It could be hidden in the last 3 pages of this thread or others , but just to make it clear , can you repeat it?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf wrote: »
    well I have made my suggestions and even used the words
    "just my views , others might think differently "

so what are or is your suggestion , It could be hidden in the last 3 pages of this thread or others , but just to make it clear , can you repeat it?

Whilst I support the aims I am aware that certain posters have recently jumped on the bandwagon and are simply regurgitating , often inaccurately, advice that has previously been given without having any understanding or anything new or any experience to add to the debate . New OP's require trusted advice .
    There are numerous long standing posters on here ( and I am only an infrequent poster ) who are probably biting their tongues .
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Whilst I support the aims I am aware that certain posters have recently jumped on the bandwagon and are simply regurgitating , often inaccurately, advice that has previously been given without having any understanding or anything new or any experience to add to the debate . New OP's require trusted advice .
    There are numerous long standing posters on here ( and I am only an infrequent poster ) who are probably biting their tongues .

most of the "regulars" know who I am , and any one of them can PM me at any time and ask me to edit or to amend my first posting with their suggestions , so far non of the PMs or emails I have received have asked me to do this ,

would you like to PM me a "first post" amendment?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • No , I'll continue ploughing my own furrow
  • The advice that needs to be drummed home again and again by "money saving experts"
    Is stay out and stay away from car parks they operate in.
    Ignore this advice at your own risk.

Only "customer power" can ever beat these people, we have seen the judiciary in action :shhh: doing what they do best, shafting the public to help big business.
    Warn people stay away, there is now no quick fix, you are stupid enough to take the risk and ignore money saving advice to stay away, then there is a time to say "TOLD YOU SO"

The faster that message gets out, the faster people will stay away, retailers will see sales shift to those not using this firm and boot them out.
    Money is all that talks in this country.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • The advice that needs to be drummed home again and again by "money saving experts"

Only "customer power" can ever beat these people, we have seen the judiciary in action :shhh: doing what they do best, shafting the public to help big business.
    Warn people stay away, there is now no quick fix, you are stupid enough to take the risk and ignore money saving advice to stay away, then there is a time to say "TOLD YOU SO"

The faster that message gets out, the faster people will stay away, retailers will see sales shift to those not using this firm and boot them out.

I completely agree , but that message will never get through to enough to have an effect
  • I completely agree , but that message will never get through to enough to have an effect

It only has to have a 5% effect, in retail even a 5% shift is enough to tilt the books from profit to loss, 10% drop is a disaster.
    One in 20 get the message it a start.

Helped a neighbour do a POPLA last year, they came back with another last week and I told them sorry, but I told you to stay away and learn your lesson, I can not keep giving my time to, a fool that makes the same mistake twice.
    Once is a a mistake , go back for another go and you get what you went for.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    The advice that needs to be drummed home again and again by "money saving experts"

I agree 100% with your sentiments but.................. the retailer needs to know WHY people are staying away. When they see customer numbers drop, they will not automatically put the blame on the PPC. They need to be told.

Much better that people actually write to the shop in question and their head office saying exactly why they will be shopping elsewhere. Unfortunately, ALDI have the PPC infestation and LIDL too, and their prices are so low that the option for many people to shop elsewhere just isn't an option. Personally, I don't like the shopping experience in either and prefer elsewhere and where I live, we have NO PPC INFESTATION in the main food shopping retailers!!!
  • yotmon
    yotmon Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Maybe it should be looked at from a different angle by asking why were the letters sent out in the first place.

Was it to update the files of all these miscreants that had not made payments. Send out vague letters in the hope of reeling a few in. Some may panic and pay to get rid of the problem. Others may get in contact to query the cost and by doing so, confirm their previous address details. Many will have moved address within the last 2-3 years and so will be unable to reply. The latter group could be targeted for court as easy 'default wins' to be traced after the event with a ccj scalp.
    Is there a 'cunning plan' behind all this, or are we all speculating too much and it's just something as simple as them having a spring clean of the old filing cabinets ???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure