Success Stories??

Comments

• mattp_3
    mattp_3 Posts: 270 Forumite
    i have spoken to loads of people who have used this forum over the past few years (sorry not trying to steal users!) but there are some good examples of success stories in the posts:

http://www.debtquestions.co.uk

Hope everyone finds it useful
    regards
    Matt
  • Rabbit
    Rabbit Posts: 146 Forumite
    Hi Xbigman

Best of luck for the future, may it hold lots of happiness for you and your daughter.
    A penny saved is one you don't have to earn! :wave:
  • snaggle
    snaggle Posts: 28 Forumite
    Well done Xbigman, This was an Inspiring Tale of bad luck and misfortune,
    And to take twenty years to pull yourself round takes some GUTS.
    It just proves what Oscar Wilde said is true " we are all in the gutter, But some of us are looking at the stars." Best wishes to you and your daughter.
    I want to nominate this guy for the star of the month. I dont suppose that 50 quid would go amiss after all that.
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Well done xBigman...I have read a lot of your posts over the few weeks I have been on this site & wondered what your background was. In fact I secretly hoped for a post from you (didn't happen - though I had some really good tips) to sort out my muddles as your advice seemed so great!! I'm still in the dark here - maybe you could have another career as an adviser? And what a great inspirational book the stories on here would make!

cheers
    Sasha
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Well done Xbigman

I assume you are treating the mortgage as any other debt and planning on getting rid of that as soon as possible as well
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Yes I'm looking to pay off the mortgage ASAP. I currently have a plan to get rid of 3/4 of it over the next 7 years.
    Regards

X
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • Quality, thanks for turning me into a jabbering wreck! Great story.
    "YOU WANT THE CASH? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE CASH"
  • Hi
    At my worst my partner and I owed £67,000. Its taken about 4 years but I am finally debt free as of today.

YAHOO!!!!!!

How did I manage it?

Well got on DMP with CCS which severly dented the debt. Than realised real cause of debt wasn't me it was partner so was very happy when he traded me in for the proverbial younger(and much more expensive to run!!) model.

Sold the house and ploughed profits into debt.

Still had about £6000 left of joint debt but as he had left the country I was solely responsible for it. Jointly and Severally liable etc

1 year and 1 month after that point - today - made last payment. has been pure hard slog as I have 2 kids and only work part time. We just did without any luxuries at all.

It feels a bit of an anti-climax today after all these years of thinking about nothing but debt. I have no savings or a house so suppose can concentrate energies in that direction now.

this website really helped, yes the tips were great and I saved money but the best bit has been knowing I was not alone. other people were in just the same amount of trouble that I was.

Anyway YOU will get there, you don't think you ever will but YOU WILL!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

Will still be using this website just as much - now I have a house to buy
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • loubie_lou
    loubie_lou Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well done WhiteWitch!!

X Big Man - I remember reading your story a few months ago, it was eye watering stuff! Well done tho....you and whitewitch deserve some great happiness now.

Good luck both of you!
    In debt no more!
  • I just wanted to congratulate you Xbigman on both sorting yourself out and making such an excellent post.

All the best
    The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics(sic) or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were.
    ***JFK***
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport