PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weetabix Brownies

Options

Comments

• katieowl_2
    katieowl_2 Posts: 1,864 Forumite
    Options
    Well a good use for all the crumbs in the wheatabix packets too..... I buy 'savers' ones, and the last packet had tons of bits at the bottom by the time the kids had finished with it. I just threw them into the bread pudding I made this morning... must have been at least 4's worth of crumbs, I'll print this off for next time LOL!

Regards

Kate
  • earthmother
    earthmother Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Funnily enough I'd just taken a batch of these out of the oven when Martin's email dropped through :)

We make ours with crushed bran flakes (about 3.5 ozs) - all started when I was directed from a 'how to use bran flakes' thread to the recipe a few months back - actually now have a box of branflakes in the cupboard purely for this recipe, lol - no-one likes them as cereal :)

They're so popular with the family that I'm using the recipe for christmas hampers - some ready made, and others as ingredients layered in a jar which is quite effective visually (you need a 2lb jam jar, or if you use kilners, a 0.5l one will fit all but the chocolate (0.75l is too big and the ingredients get shaken up).

:)
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to [strike]be dealing with[/strike] have dealt with my debts
  • Fiverqueen
    Options
    I came across Jaxxy00's thread a while back, and my kids loooove these! I always double the quantities and bake them in a huge pyrex oblong dish.

The kids love helping, and it's great for little ones who can easily crush up the Weetabix! Oh, and don't bother with the branded stuff as Tesco's own or any value weetabix works just as well!

DD1 made these for Children in Need at school, and they were sold out in minutes!

Just watch your waistline though... these are a bit moreish!

:EasterBun
    "A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it." :wall:
    Bob Hope
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    these are the fave HM treats in this house :)

very moreish !
  • dlb
    dlb Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Options
    I made these for the first time yesterday and did double amounts, lets just say there is only enough left to put a piece each in the 3 boys lunch boxes, the rest was eaten last night!!
    So another batch to be made today i think!!!
    Thanks for a great recipe!!
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
  • Katgoddess
    Katgoddess Posts: 1,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    These are lovely. One of the cakes I can make without it all going horribly wrong. :D
  • mrweeble
    Options
    filigree wrote:
    phizzimum wrote:
    I've never liked weetabix, so why oh why did I buy a packet of oatibix? the power of advertising I guess!

this recipe should be great for using them up
    Spooky coincidence - I was just thinking exactly the same thing! :rotfl:

I do like Weetabix, but those Oatabix are icky, had two bowls (didn't like the first one, so tried a second with even more milk - didn't like that one either) and now have more than half the pack to use up. What's really bad, is I moved house and brought them with me cos I didn't like to throw them away.

At least I have something I can try to get rid of them. :T
  • carrieparkinson
    Options
    so is it poss to use oatibix? cos i bought a box too n they are manky:confused:
    does my bum look big in this sig?
  • apprentice_tycoon
    Options
    The brownies are great, I've just made them with the dregs of a bran flake box - but what is more amazing why Martin was looking for a brownie recipe in the first place?:rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Strepsy
    Strepsy Posts: 5,651 Forumite
    Options
    Just tried these with the dreaded Oatibix - they are quite nice but the mixture did seem very dry and they are a bit crumbly. I think I can also slightly taste the Oatibix so next time I think I will either use one less Oatibix or maybe add a touch of milk (?) or something.
    I've been lucky, I'll be lucky again. ~ Bette Davis
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport