PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    Still waiting almost 10 years for you to send the cookie set as you ignored my numerous messages. Not cool
    Okaaaay....

I got an absolute bargain from Barnardos today: a Christmas pack containing a blank reindeer Christmas card, some sticky gift tags and 2 reindeer coasters came through my letterbox. All of which will be of great excitement to my little niece!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sadly things didn't work out as planned this morning. The brexit news held me back a little and then the lady who was coming with me cried off with illness. In the end I didn't have time to call in at the charity shops but I will plan it better next time!

Aww that's a shame.....better luck next time!

Isn't it lovely when a whole outfit comes together consisting of all charity shop bargains? On Monday I got a silver & turquoise necklace for £1. On Tuesday I got a 50's stylee cotton dress, calf length with a half circle skirt in turquoise and lilac for 99p. I felt the dress needed a wide belt and today I found a lilac, wide elastic belt with a fancy brass fastener for 50p. I wasn't sure of the colour as I cannot carry colours in my head very well but it's a perfect match. So pleased! Also picked up a M & S navy leather belt for £1 :)
  • Towser
    Towser Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    Options
    Ikea Poang footstool with leather cushion £3 (soo happy) from the tip Re-use shop that raises money for a hospice.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm having chazzer withdrawals.Have been poorly recently, but am deffo going to two tomorrow on the way to see Mum.Will report back with any finds ;)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • MrsPoyser
    Options
    I took a bag to the hospice shop this morning and came out with a lovely teal-coloured jumper for £4 - looks barely worn. The CS fairies were certainly looking out for me today!
    It was the first time I had been able to do a bit of CS shopping for ages - I'm with you Candygirl - I was definitely having withdrawals!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've also missed it this last week; there isn't really a market for second hand goods in Dubai and no such thing as charity shops!

Been round four local ones today but only purchased in one. I got a teal Hobbs skirt for £8.50 - felt quite steep so I was sure to try it on but it's a lovely skirt and my favourite colour. Also got a jumper which I think will do for some upcoming social engagements, a tank top, scarf and book. Grand total £17.50 so not the cheapest spree but quite a good one :)
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Despite trailing after husband & son who Had Plans, I overlapped with a Denby Whisper coffeepot, teapot & 6 cups & saucers!

Unfortunately I came home with rather more than they did & there is an Atmosphere.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Snaffled a gorg red floaty scarf today for £1.Stayed away from the books though :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 17 November 2018 at 6:13PM
    Options
    Despite trailing after husband & son who Had Plans, I overlapped with a Denby Whisper coffeepot, teapot & 6 cups & saucers!

Unfortunately I came home with rather more than they did & there is an Atmosphere.
    Atmosphere with a capital A - I see!

I found a lesser-known chaz this afternoon and spotted what I was looking for: a 26" round glass flan dish (suitable for rotating on a microwave plate), £2. I thought it was a little on the pricey side, but its what I need this evening so I bought it. I then popped into Wilko to see what they had, and they sell similar Pyrex ones for £4. It was a lighter dish and the sides weren't as high....perhaps I'm trying to justify the price I paid.

7927_1.jpg

I also picked up 4 books @50p each :)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    On a slightly sillier note, I have picked up a copy of Christmas At Booths 2018 & am now wondering how soon before the elegantly bound red spine is sighted on charity shop bookshelves.

I personally shelve it alongside fantasy & art myself, but it is a glorious daydream.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure