Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    So have you decided not to get back to target with your group and go it alone abbafan?

I can see advantages in Saturday morning as it probably means you put off any relaxing for the weekend a bit longer.;) I think Monday would be a nightmare!:eek:

I've always gone to Thursday morning WI which suited me. I've never been one of those 'everything's syn free on WI day people'. I then had a full bank of 105 syns ready on Friday for the weekend and 3 days of reining back in before WI.:D Now, although I only go to group very occasionally (and pop into any group that suits) I still think of my syn week as starting again on Thursdays.

Same for me (apart from the only weighing now and again - I have the odd week where I don't weigh but not many.

We've had giant porage again this morning:(. I so wish I could carry HEBs over like I do with syns. Lately I've just been having half a HEB of toast (one slice) most mornings so I wonder if it'll balance it off? I'm still going to count the extra syns though.:(

DH and I won't be home together for dinner tonight. I'd forgotten so the hash I prepped yesterday will have to wait. It looks like I might have accidentally planned a SP day for me.:)

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS Ribena, HEB porage with HEA milk
    L: lentil and veg soup
    D: ham, egg, asparagus and mushrooms
    Syns: Extra HEXs 6, syrup 2.5

Definitely looks like an SP day to me - don't think you'd need to syn the extra porridge if you stick to this as you can have 2 x HEBs:T

Today's plan:

B - porridge; mixed frozen berries
    L - jacket potato, beans & tomatoes
    D - fish pie with courgette & peas. Will grate the courgette and add to the fish & sauce - 3 syns

HEA - milk
    HEB - porridge
    Syns - 3

3 syns was all I had left for today of the week's syns so have used them all this week and won't be able to have any extras tonight - will have to stick to Free stuff if I feel peckish!

Denise
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good afternoon lovelies.

After a good chat with a mate who is also doing SW, I'm changing my weigh in to Friday morning to match her. I WI before breakfast so I'll run my syn week from Fri to Thurs. Plenty of time to make up for accidental weekendery then :D

On plan today

B - Overnight granola

D - Jacket with 1/2 hexa cheese, beans and salad

T - Stir fry

Syns - 1 for the noodles, 4 for a small pack of weight watchers cookies later

I also are half a tin of spaghetti on a jacket potato earlier as it needed using and I was hungry. Had an apple after.

We had those 2 syn Morrisons fishcakes for tea last night. Delicious and well worth the syns / money :)
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes, that's correct.

I know the plan inside and out, but what sources do you use for syn values if you don't attend group and don't have access to the app (I still have access to it at the moment).

Abbafan, there are loads of syn resources on line. They might not be the most up to date, given SWs tendency to change syn ratings, especially with their competitors, but Minimims is good, Pinterest has some. There are lots of others that a quick google will bring up. I joined a facebook group for Aldi shoppers doing SW and they are very helpful. I tend to google the product followed by the word 'syns' and something usually comes up. If you put syns first in the search it doesn't work as well. And of course, there's this brilliant thread!!! I keep thinking that I'll do a post of resources for those doing it from home - I might do that when I've a bit more time.

When I left group, I wrote down the syn value of things I ate regularly in the back of a diary. I had access to the app for a number of weeks after I stopped going so I wrote down as much as I could before I was cut off!

Hope this helps.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SIRENS wrote: »
    Hi
    Thank you all for such a warm welcome
    chrisv I would like to aim for 14lbs please as I have loads to loose, have managed just over 2 stone so far but looking at another 7 stone to target...whew sounds horrible out loud.
    Small amounts at a time is the way to go, you can and WILL do it, you never put the weight on overnight so wont lose it overnight , good luck on your journey xx
    Morning all.

I have baked oats for brekkie which I made last night, but I'm going to give it a quick blast in the microwave and add a bit of extra yoghurt for the topping.

Plan for tonight's tea is Asda light and lean sausages and gammon.

Left over stir fry from last night I'm taking in to work for my lunch.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Can I just ask what day everyone weighs in please? I used to weigh in on Saturday morning at group.
    I go to group on a Thurs, not looking forward too tomorrow:rotfl::rotfl:
    Stoke wrote: »
    2lbs off this week, and 'Man of the Year' award which is always fun when you win by default :D

Still, my group are absolutely brilliant and we celebrated nonetheless.

Football season now over. No distractions. No drinking at the weekend. Going to have a detox. I'm feeling very motivated on what really now feels like the home straight :D I believe I'm around 1 stone 2lbs away from target now. I'll need to check again though. I still don't know whether to lower it some more tbh.

Lunch today was lean chicken + carrot sticks. Boring I know, but purely for SP points. Lunch at work is by far the easiest days for me.

Good luck to everyone this week.
    :T:T:T:TYayyy well done :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    Abbafan, can always ask syns here, i will always help if i can x
    Afternoon all :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,891 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies. x
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • bubbs
    Options
    100_8650_1.jpg

Yum :D
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Morning all.

I have baked oats for brekkie which I made last night, but I'm going to give it a quick blast in the microwave and add a bit of extra yoghurt for the topping.

Plan for tonight's tea is Asda light and lean sausages and gammon.

Left over stir fry from last night I'm taking in to work for my lunch.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Can I just ask what day everyone weighs in please? I used to weigh in on Saturday morning at group.

I weigh in at home 3pm on a Sunday in birthday suit so I cant blame my clothes :D
  • bubbs
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    I weigh in at home 3pm on a Sunday in birthday suit so I cant blame my clothes :D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • ilovetoshop
    ilovetoshop Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    100_8650_1.jpg

Yum :D

:hello: ooh yes please ;)

Please may I join, I was here a while ago and now back again as Bubbs has been giving me too much chocolate :EasterBun :rotfl:
    I would like to lose 12 pounds :)
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure