Auto Transport Industry

Options
Is It good to start auto shipping business with two trucks?
I have a truck and thinking to buy Flatbed Trailer , need sincere3 opinions.

Comments

• Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,688 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Probably not, if that's the extent of your planning. You're thinking of shipping cars in which country?
  • lockedout69
    lockedout69 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Better to start auto shipping business with two trucks than it would be with four microwave ovens (and no trucks) for instance.

Hth
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is It good to start auto shipping business with two trucks?
    I have a truck and thinking to buy Flatbed Trailer , need sincere3 opinions.

Do you have an operators license if they're >3.5 tonne? If you're running transit van type vehicles or even a 4x4 type truck/offroader, something like a Ford Ranger/Mitsubishi Landcruiser/Vauxhall Frontera etc once you put a trailer on and the total plated weight of the vehicle and trailer exceed 3.5 tonnes you will need to have the vehicle fitted with a tachograph, the drivers will need to use a tachograph when towing the trailer even if it is empty and they will need to comply with all EU drivers hours regulations. As the operator you will need to comply with all duties in respect to tachographs including analysis and record keeping.
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tarambor wrote: »
    Do you have an operators license if they're >3.5 tonne? If you're running transit van type vehicles or even a 4x4 type truck/offroader, something like a Ford Ranger/Mitsubishi Landcruiser/Vauxhall Frontera etc once you put a trailer on and the total plated weight of the vehicle and trailer exceed 3.5 tonnes you will need to have the vehicle fitted with a tachograph, the drivers will need to use a tachograph when towing the trailer even if it is empty and they will need to comply with all EU drivers hours regulations. As the operator you will need to comply with all duties in respect to tachographs including analysis and record keeping.

Given the language used in the OP I suspect he/she will not be impacted by UK or (I'd hazard a guess) EU regulations.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure