internet on Ubunto

Comments

• EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    I am going to order another SSD from mymemory. Should I use the existing intallation DVDs that I have for Windows 10 or should I download another one with ISO to either a usb or dvd from Microsoft?

You can use the same USB Flash drive installation media ,if you haven't overwritten it.
    What about the Compaq? Is it going to be left out of the upgrades? :)
  • EveryWhere
    Currently from £15.99; https://www.mymemory.co.uk/memory/data-storage/ssd-drives.html?dir=asc&order=price
    Not that I am suggesting to get the very cheapest.
  • Do yoiu think that it is worth getting an SSD for tthe Compaq? If so I will order 2.
  • EveryWhere
    Do yoiu think that it is worth getting an SSD for tthe Compaq? If so I will order 2.

If you intend to use it, then definitely. Will just make it more pleasant to use. Not super-fast, but usable for the letter writing and printing.
  • Have ordered an SSD for The Compaq but cannot change thje Toshiba as it had a crack on trhe casing and I used Epoxy Putty to stop it spreading and as a result the back case cannot be taken off. So that will become the one for letters and printing etc.
  • EveryWhere
    Have ordered an SSD for The Compaq but cannot change thje Toshiba as it had a crack on trhe casing and I used Epoxy Putty to stop it spreading and as a result the back case cannot be taken off. So that will become the one for letters and printing etc.

That's somewhat unfortunate.
    Where exactly is it stuck together? https://toshiba-satellite-c50-b-1c9.com/remove-bottom-cover

One can buy another bottom cover if necessary; https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Toshiba-Satellite-C50-b-Lower-Bottom-Chassis-AP15H000610-32k/1870682111
  • I am gratefrul for your concern and advice but I have decided to buy an SSD for The Compaq and install a new copy of Windows 10 to use for my browsing etc when gtanddaughter is using The Acer for Roblox.. The Toshiba will be adaequate to be left connected as per a desk top to use in my spare bedroom to wreite letters etc and to operate.my printer.
  • EveryWhere
    I am gratefrul for your concern and advice but I have decided to buy an SSD for The Compaq and install a new copy of Windows 10 to use for my browsing etc when gtanddaughter is using The Acer for Roblox.. The Toshiba will be adaequate to be left connected as per a desk top to use in my spare bedroom to wreite letters etc and to operate.my printer.

Shame, as by far, the Toshiba is your best machine. :)

You'll need to make up a new USB Flash drive installation for the Compaq. You'll need to download and create a 32 bit version, as opposed to the 64 bit version from before.
  • SuperSeagull
    SuperSeagull Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 August 2019 at 9:38PM
    To do that I weill need a windows licence key, which I dont have as the pc came with windows installed. I believe that it is possible to buy a key on e bay.for a couple of pound.
  • EveryWhere
    To do that I weill need a windows licence key, which I dont have as the pc came with windows installed. I believe that it is possible to buy a key on e bay.for a couple of pound.

You won't need a key. What OS is currently installed on the Compaq?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure