Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Purple_Rain
    • By Purple_Rain 12th Aug 19, 10:11 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Purple_Rain
    Interparcel Courier threatening Court Action
    • 12th Aug 19, 10:11 PM
    Interparcel Courier threatening Court Action 12th Aug 19 at 10:11 PM
    Hi All,
    This is my first Post
    I Arranged Parcel to collect through Interparcel, all went ok - Parcel collected and delivered to my address but after few weeks received an email from revenue protection asking additional 206.69 mentioned that and asked for as :
    Declared as 80 x 60 x 53 cm but was actually 182 x 71 x 54 cm.
    In order for us to log a dispute with the carrier please can you provide some evidence to support the dimensions you entered at the time of booking?
    Typically the kinds of evidence we can accept are:
    Photographs of the parcel with tape measure showing dimensions - Provided
    Document /official web page showing manufacturers specifications for contents
    Ebay listing page showing dimensions
    Invoice/packing slip clearly detailing the contents - Provided actual Label
    Please also advise how the item was packaged. ( Provided )
    despite provided all the evidence We asked the evidence from them but they never provide or prove any thing in the favour of above statement and mentioned that :
    I am writing to inform you that the carrier has reviewed the evidence provided relating to the size/weight of this shipment, unfortunately on this occasion the carrier has advised that the measurements provided on our invoice were correct and the consignment was larger than declared.In addition the carrier has also stated that, there is no picture to show the height of the item. Only the width and length.
    and today they threaten again as : We are disappointed to discover that, despite our recent correspondence, our records show the balance of 206.69 is still outstanding.

This is your final opportunity to settle this balance before we pass this matter over to our legal team who will determine whether it is in our interests to continue with legal action to recover this debt.

Again they never provided any evidence till yet just threatening and giving me stress

Note : I still have the empty box safe and all the evidences to show , Please advise your worthy advice to handle them - Thank you in Advance
Page 2
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 14th Aug 19, 4:12 PM
    • 6,873 Posts
    • 5,151 Thanks
    sheramber
    Declared as 80 x 60 x 53 cm but was actually 182 x 71 x 54 cm

So, was declared wrong and extra charge is due?
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 14th Aug 19, 4:37 PM
    • 2,764 Posts
    • 2,448 Thanks
    Manxman in exile
    I am confused
    Originally posted by photome

I don't think it's you that's confused.
    • Purple_Rain
    • By Purple_Rain 14th Aug 19, 11:47 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Purple_Rain
    Dear Soolin : Although you used a private account this is clearly a business transaction and I think you will struggle to argue otherwise.
    I don`t know from where you clearly think its Business transaction ? I booked through private account paid due through my paypal ( private account ) - although this is not the matter how I paid or booked,never mind.
    • Purple_Rain
    • By Purple_Rain 14th Aug 19, 11:50 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Purple_Rain
    Let me Try again
    As We Declared Size ( small ) its correct we have all the evidence , but the size(Large) they saying it is incorrect and asking for extra money to pay without any evidences, I hope I made this cleared.

(previously I just copy paste the sentence from email which made confusion about actual and declared sizes , sorry.)
    Last edited by Purple_Rain; 14-08-2019 at 11:56 PM. Reason: addition
    • Purple_Rain
    • By Purple_Rain 14th Aug 19, 11:58 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Purple_Rain
    We Declared as 80 x 60 x 53 cm - Which is Correct with evidence provided to interparcel.

Carrier claimed 182 x 71 x 54 cm - without any single evidence.
    Last edited by Purple_Rain; 15-08-2019 at 12:59 AM.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 15th Aug 19, 2:12 AM
    • 7,410 Posts
    • 10,045 Thanks
    waamo
    Dear Soolin : Although you used a private account this is clearly a business transaction and I think you will struggle to argue otherwise.
    I don`t know from where you clearly think its Business transaction ? I booked through private account paid due through my paypal ( private account ) - although this is not the matter how I paid or booked,never mind.
    Originally posted by Purple_Rain
    If the item was purchased for use by your business then the fact you paid out of your private account is irrelevant. It's a business purchase.
    This space for hire.
    • Matty36
    • By Matty36 15th Aug 19, 3:21 AM
    • 140 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    Matty36
    First it a box, then pallet then a box again

Then you say its medium sized, interparcel claiming its large then your last post states its small. Since when is a 6 foot parcel classed as medium or small?

Then it starts off as 18kgs but ends up as 10kg.

Am I being thick or are my trolly senses startin to tingle?
    • cmthephoenix
    • By cmthephoenix 15th Aug 19, 4:44 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    cmthephoenix
    This is so, so confusing but OP are you saying that you had the tick-box option to declare the parcel as either fitting

a) 80 x 60 x 53 cm

or

b) 182 x 71 x 54 cm

And you chose a) ?

Further that you have then only provided photographic evidence of 2 of the dimensions?

Then of course they are going to ask you for photographic evidence of the 3rd dimension as well otherwise you can't prove it fitted within the option you selected.

For arguments sake if you had a parcel that was 53.1 x 53.1 x 53.1 cm then option b) would be the correct option to pick.

What were the actual all 3 dimensions that you have photographic evidence for?
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 15th Aug 19, 6:52 AM
    • 4,197 Posts
    • 5,596 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    It's a business transaction. In your posts you talk about "we", "us", a "member of our team" and "our legal department". Those are very odd ways to refer to family or friends.

You can't act as a consumer when ordering and then expect to employ the services of your business to justify and deal with your complaint.

It does matter because your rights are different as a business.

You sound as confused on this point as you do on the dimensions.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 15th Aug 19, 7:00 AM
    • 62,450 Posts
    • 44,883 Thanks
    soolin
    You have copied and pasted the discussion you have had with Interparcel. In that discussion *you* clearly indicated that you were acting as a business, how you paid is immaterial.

Like many small businesses I buy using a private bank account or my micro PayPal account, which is private, however my purchases are B2B transactions as they are for my business.

so, you need to concentrate on B2B rights and be extremely clear what you are saying. For instance, you state you need to wait for the right person to come back from holiday to measure the height of the box, yet that does not tally with your argument that your box is the correct size as declared. If you haven't measured the box how do you know what the size was?
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • soolin
    • By soolin 15th Aug 19, 7:05 AM
    • 62,450 Posts
    • 44,883 Thanks
    soolin
    This is so, so confusing but OP are you saying that you had the tick-box option to declare the parcel as either fitting

a) 80 x 60 x 53 cm

or

b) 182 x 71 x 54 cm

And you chose a) ?

Further that you have then only provided photographic evidence of 2 of the dimensions?

Then of course they are going to ask you for photographic evidence of the 3rd dimension as well otherwise you can't prove it fitted within the option you selected.

For arguments sake if you had a parcel that was 53.1 x 53.1 x 53.1 cm then option b) would be the correct option to pick.

What were the actual all 3 dimensions that you have photographic evidence for?
    Originally posted by cmthephoenix
    Stand by to be even more confused!

This is the interparcel site, https://uk.interparcel.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrNzCp6eE5AIVw7HtCh3eFQkMEAAYASA AEgJX2vD_BwE
    It requires packed dimensions for an accurate quote , something that the OP needed to trust the sender on. So if sender had mis sized the box OP might have incorrectly filled out the dimensions, hence the confusion.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 15th Aug 19, 7:31 AM
    • 7,541 Posts
    • 7,381 Thanks
    DoaM
    First it a box, then pallet then a box again
    Originally posted by Matty36
    I don't know if it was my previous post #7 that threw in that confusion ... I wondered if the parcel was a box but had been amortised on to a pallet, and that's where the issue arose.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • ComicGeek
    • By ComicGeek 15th Aug 19, 8:55 AM
    • 432 Posts
    • 380 Thanks
    ComicGeek
    Some people just have a gift in making even the simple things complicated...

Watching my dad order food in McDonalds is just priceless...
    • Purple_Rain
    • By Purple_Rain 15th Aug 19, 11:35 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Purple_Rain
    I agree this forum made a simple query more confusing rather then sorting it out making it more complication to other readers, a simple individual consignment trying to make it business and I dont know why they doing it, I tried my best to make it simple as Its my very first Post at any site.

Anyway - Parcel was a Box - Weight mention as 20 kgs for the safe side(actual weight is 10 kgs of the item) Box is 800x600x530 (LWH) mm

My Qs: is why I am sending them pictures evidences , dimensions and all and they are not even sending me a single evidence !!!!
    • Purple_Rain
    • By Purple_Rain 15th Aug 19, 11:39 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Purple_Rain
    I don't know if it was my previous post #7 that threw in that confusion ... I wondered if the parcel was a box but had been amortised on to a pallet, and that's where the issue arose.
    Originally posted by DoaM

Yes you made it more confusing by saying Pallet , its not pallet its a small box
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 15th Aug 19, 12:06 PM
    • 7,541 Posts
    • 7,381 Thanks
    DoaM
    Yes you made it more confusing by saying Pallet , its not pallet its a small box
    I offered an opinion as to why the problem may have arisen ... if people fail to read properly that's hardly my fault.

And welcome to the world of public forums - you cannot pick and choose who replies to your thread.

PS - You shot yourself in the foot by writing to them using terms such as "we, us, our, legal team". A consumer would never use terms such as that. The company have evidence by your own hand that this was effectively a B2B transaction and you'd have a hard job persuading a judge otherwise.

FWIW - I agree that they're being unreasonable. I suggest you write to them once last time to explain the situation, recap the evidence you have already provided, and to remind them that their dispute is between them and the courier. Any further communication (other than confirmation that the matter is settled) will be construed as harassment and may be pursued accordingly via the courts. If they feel they have a solid claim then they should proceed to raising a court claim, as no further correspondence (other than a formal Letter Before Claim) will be responded to.
    Last edited by DoaM; 15-08-2019 at 2:52 PM. Reason: Speeling
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 15th Aug 19, 12:12 PM
    • 4,197 Posts
    • 5,596 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    I agree this forum made a simple query more confusing rather then sorting it out making it more complication to other readers, a simple individual consignment trying to make it business and I dont know why they doing it, I tried my best to make it simple as Its my very first Post at any site.

Anyway - Parcel was a Box - Weight mention as 20 kgs for the safe side(actual weight is 10 kgs of the item) Box is 800x600x530 (LWH) mm

My Qs: is why I am sending them pictures evidences , dimensions and all and they are not even sending me a single evidence !!!!
    It's because if you end up pursuing this through your "legal department", the process may differ from the process available to a private purchaser. Your continued refusal to acknowledge it as a business transaction when your own description of it makes it obvious that it is, is frustrating those that are trying to help. You may think it's irrelevant but you're wrong.

As for other people "making it more complicated", that's precisely what you have done. Now we find out that the item weighs 10kg when you originally said it was 18kg and you declared it as 20kg. There are some significant variances in weight before we even get to discussing the dimensions. Have you perhaps made the same mistake with measuring as you have with weighing?

As to your last question, I've no idea. They seem to be being a bit unreasonable but in all honesty, your account is so jumbled it's impossible to say. I suggest you clearly set out the facts in chronological order, along with who weighed and measured what and when, and use it to point out where you believe the error has been made. Don't try and pretend you're a consumer after threatening them with your "legal department" - the cat is well and truly out of the bag and they know this is a business transaction. I suggest you use that legal department to help you structure your dispute properly because if you're as unclear with the courier company as you have been on here, this will go on for a while.
    • Purple_Rain
    • By Purple_Rain 15th Aug 19, 4:27 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Purple_Rain
    Thank you for above replies in details
    I am sorry I have no idea about B2B its different then private individual, all above made me clear to consider this as business transaction no harm in that, I agree.
    Ok, I will provide them Height finally as requested and then I will mention as DoaM said
    " FWIW - I agree that they're being unreasonable. I suggest you write to them once last time to explain the situation, recap the evidence you have already provided, and to remind them that their dispute is between them and the courier. Any further communication (other than confirmation that the matter is settled) will be construed as harassment and may be pursued accordingly via the courts. If they feel they have a solid claim then they should proceed to raising a court claim, as no further correspondence (other than a formal Letter Before Claim) will be responded to "

Thank you and much appreciated - will keep you posted update.
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 15th Aug 19, 4:31 PM
    • 2,764 Posts
    • 2,448 Thanks
    Manxman in exile
    I am confused
    Originally posted by photome

Hopefully it's all clear to you now...not!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,803Posts Today

6,181Users online

Martin's Twitter