Interparcel Courier threatening Court Action

124»

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Matty36 wrote: »
    First it a box, then pallet then a box again

I don't know if it was my previous post #7 that threw in that confusion ... I wondered if the parcel was a box but had been amortised on to a pallet, and that's where the issue arose.
  • ComicGeek
    ComicGeek Posts: 1,539 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Some people just have a gift in making even the simple things complicated...

Watching my dad order food in McDonalds is just priceless...
  • I agree this forum made a simple query more confusing rather then sorting it out making it more complication to other readers, a simple individual consignment trying to make it business and I dont know why they doing it, I tried my best to make it simple as Its my very first Post at any site.

Anyway - Parcel was a Box - Weight mention as 20 kgs for the safe side(actual weight is 10 kgs of the item) Box is 800x600x530 (LWH) mm

My Qs: is why I am sending them pictures evidences , dimensions and all and they are not even sending me a single evidence !!!!
  • DoaM wrote: »
    I don't know if it was my previous post #7 that threw in that confusion ... I wondered if the parcel was a box but had been amortised on to a pallet, and that's where the issue arose.

Yes you made it more confusing by saying Pallet , its not pallet its a small box
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 15 August 2019 at 3:52PM
    Yes you made it more confusing by saying Pallet , its not pallet its a small box

I offered an opinion as to why the problem may have arisen ... if people fail to read properly that's hardly my fault.

And welcome to the world of public forums - you cannot pick and choose who replies to your thread.

PS - You shot yourself in the foot by writing to them using terms such as "we, us, our, legal team". A consumer would never use terms such as that. The company have evidence by your own hand that this was effectively a B2B transaction and you'd have a hard job persuading a judge otherwise.

FWIW - I agree that they're being unreasonable. I suggest you write to them once last time to explain the situation, recap the evidence you have already provided, and to remind them that their dispute is between them and the courier. Any further communication (other than confirmation that the matter is settled) will be construed as harassment and may be pursued accordingly via the courts. If they feel they have a solid claim then they should proceed to raising a court claim, as no further correspondence (other than a formal Letter Before Claim) will be responded to.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I agree this forum made a simple query more confusing rather then sorting it out making it more complication to other readers, a simple individual consignment trying to make it business and I dont know why they doing it, I tried my best to make it simple as Its my very first Post at any site.

Anyway - Parcel was a Box - Weight mention as 20 kgs for the safe side(actual weight is 10 kgs of the item) Box is 800x600x530 (LWH) mm

My Qs: is why I am sending them pictures evidences , dimensions and all and they are not even sending me a single evidence !!!!
    It's because if you end up pursuing this through your "legal department", the process may differ from the process available to a private purchaser. Your continued refusal to acknowledge it as a business transaction when your own description of it makes it obvious that it is, is frustrating those that are trying to help. You may think it's irrelevant but you're wrong.

As for other people "making it more complicated", that's precisely what you have done. Now we find out that the item weighs 10kg when you originally said it was 18kg and you declared it as 20kg. There are some significant variances in weight before we even get to discussing the dimensions. Have you perhaps made the same mistake with measuring as you have with weighing?

As to your last question, I've no idea. They seem to be being a bit unreasonable but in all honesty, your account is so jumbled it's impossible to say. I suggest you clearly set out the facts in chronological order, along with who weighed and measured what and when, and use it to point out where you believe the error has been made. Don't try and pretend you're a consumer after threatening them with your "legal department" - the cat is well and truly out of the bag and they know this is a business transaction. I suggest you use that legal department to help you structure your dispute properly because if you're as unclear with the courier company as you have been on here, this will go on for a while.
  • Thank you for above replies in details
    I am sorry I have no idea about B2B its different then private individual, all above made me clear to consider this as business transaction no harm in that, I agree.
    Ok, I will provide them Height finally as requested and then I will mention as DoaM said
    " FWIW - I agree that they're being unreasonable. I suggest you write to them once last time to explain the situation, recap the evidence you have already provided, and to remind them that their dispute is between them and the courier. Any further communication (other than confirmation that the matter is settled) will be construed as harassment and may be pursued accordingly via the courts. If they feel they have a solid claim then they should proceed to raising a court claim, as no further correspondence (other than a formal Letter Before Claim) will be responded to "

Thank you and much appreciated - will keep you posted update.
  • photome wrote: »
    I am confused

Hopefully it's all clear to you now...not! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills