Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wallofbeans
    • By wallofbeans 23rd Feb 19, 11:59 AM
    • 1,033Posts
    • 42Thanks
    wallofbeans
    Wimbledon Ballot Tickets - seat specifics?
    • 23rd Feb 19, 11:59 AM
    Wimbledon Ballot Tickets - seat specifics? 23rd Feb 19 at 11:59 AM
    Hi all,

I entered the ballot for tickets to Wimbledon this year and have had a letter offering "a pair of seats on Friday 12 July for centre court" at 370 (ouch)... but there are no more details than that...

Can I find out exactly where these seats are? It seems crazy to pay that amount of money when I have no idea what seats I am getting. Perhaps there are more details when I log into the website with the PIN and ref number they give..?

Can anyone advise me on how this works?

Thanks,
Page 1
    • blues
    • By blues 23rd Feb 19, 9:14 PM
    • 216 Posts
    • 695 Thanks
    blues
    • 23rd Feb 19, 9:14 PM
    • 23rd Feb 19, 9:14 PM
    You don't find out the seats until you've paid and received the tickets. It is a risk and we've quite often had seats in row z. You still get a great view though and those are men's semi final tickets so it should be a good days play.
    • wallofbeans
    • By wallofbeans 24th Feb 19, 7:22 PM
    • 1,033 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    wallofbeans
    • 24th Feb 19, 7:22 PM
    • 24th Feb 19, 7:22 PM
    You don't find out the seats until you've paid and received the tickets. It is a risk and we've quite often had seats in row z. You still get a great view though and those are men's semi final tickets so it should be a good days play.
    Originally posted by blues
    Thanks for the reply. Very helpful!

How frustrating to not know what seats they are offering before you have to pay! But yes, it should be a good day whatever the seats...

Thanks again...
    • nora01
    • By nora01 11th Mar 19, 6:48 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nora01
    • 11th Mar 19, 6:48 AM
    Agree With You
    • 11th Mar 19, 6:48 AM
    It is really frustrating that you are paying such a huge amount and you did not know where you will sit i think first they have to tell you the seat number than you have to pay the money. Or even i suggest them that they must have to show a "stadium seat map" to show which seat is booked and which is left.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,057Posts Today

8,954Users online

Martin's Twitter