Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,235 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Fab news on the overpayment and the snuggly blanket :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,130 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Fab news on the overpayment and the snuggly blanket :)

Thanks SA :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    That's really nice, there are some lovely people on here :).

There are indeed.
    They post on our threads :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,564 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Beanie - just had a catch up - not sure where the time has gone....

Well done on th martgage payment and the food bank work. It’s quite scary that 200 hampers are being handed out in a small town. I dread to think what the big cities sent out.

I’m not surprised you’ve needed some rest days you pack a lot in a day.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    milann wrote: »
    Hi Beanie - just had a catch up - not sure where the time has gone....

Well done on th martgage payment and the food bank work. It’s quite scary that 200 hampers are being handed out in a small town. I dread to think what the big cities sent out.

I’m not surprised you’ve needed some rest days you pack a lot in a day.

Thanks milann.
    I am whacked.
    A quiet day tomorrow :)

Very sobering on the amout of hampers:(

• beanielou
    I have finally written some cards :j :j

You know I always get a lovely card from my ex FIL.
    Always touches me.

• earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Well done on starting the cards!
    I need to start my hoovering and mopping but seem to find a million other things to do instead!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • Hurrah for starting card writing :T.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    Thank you both.

I have broken the back of the card writing.
    Posted some at least today.
    Am running low on stamps & so when they are done they are done.

• beanielou
    Watching another sobering documentary on the Lockerbie disaster.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback