Noodle Campus

Comments

• This is simply not true.

I've used Noodle Campus since January. I've tested and reviewed 44 products. I've had absolutely no issues with payment for all of them (both P&O and O&P). The one thing I do agree with is that it seems to take them ages to approve tasks now. It used to take an hour or two, but it can now take up to a week for whatever reason. If you want to clear your requested task before it has been approved so that you are able to use your budget / task limits for a different task, you can cancel the task from the "Your tasks" section.

Granted that the site certainly is full of "Chinglish" but I guess that's because most (maybe all) of the manufacturers using the site to have their products tested are based in China. Almost everything I've got has been good value if I had needed to pay for it and has worked well, though there have been some fairly rubbish products and I've provided constructive criticism in my reviews in those cases.
  • What's not true??
    There is no contact address for this site = Fact
    There is no contact number for the site = Fact
    There was a 404 Error message when I tried the contact link = Fact
    You haven't addressed any of the main things I mentioned.
  • It's not true that it's "suspect" or "identity theft" or that "their emails don't exist".

In my case it's also not true that the contact link doesn't work....not sure where you are having problems from but there's the "Message in the station" contact form and also in the FAQ and their "about" page there are links to contact them (which generate a new email to support@noodlecampus.com). It usually takes them a couple of days to reply but it can be quicker. Perhaps there was a temporary issue due to a site update or suchlike when you tried.

Give them a chance to approve your item (or they may decline it if too many have applied for it, in which case try another item) and you'll quickly realise this is a great way to get free stuff (in return for an honest review).
  • Sounds to me like this could be a response from noodle campus!!!!!!
    Rather than trying to validate the site ( and you still haven't fully addressed the above questions) if I were you I would be more concerned with "companies" trying to hijack Amazon :rotfl: they're not impressed.
  • McAllystar
    McAllystar Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 13 September 2018 at 12:18PM
    Roll on the next newbie who just happened to join MSE to say how great noodle campus is.
    Just a pity that on the noodle campus Facebook people are saying that the products shown on the FB page are never in their available to test items. Noodle campus response: not available in your country,, fair enough.

I just can't understand why for such fantastic giveaways they only have 36 Facebook friends?
  • I can assure you I'm only trying to help and have no connection to whoever owns the site. I can't comment on why they have no mailing address or phone number but it's never caused me a problem.

You're right that there are often no available products to test, but I check daily and generally get to test 1-2 products each week, but likewise I sometimes see things I'm not interested in (e.g. petcare products - I have no pets) in which case I click "not interested" and they disappear.

I came across this thread yesterday as I was wondering if anyone else had issues with the slow approval of tasks lately, and when I saw the comments about it being suspect I thought it was worth joining the forum to voice my experience with them. (I've subscribed to the MSE weekly newsletter for as long as I can remember but never had any reason to use the forum before.) Personally I don't really care if you think I work for them as you're just doing yourself out of freebies if you don't believe my experiences - the fact I can use the English language as an obvious native speaker should be proof that I do not work for them!
  • I'm glad it worked out for you, think I'll give it a miss nothing on there that I really want or haven't already got. But your info might help others thinking about joining.
  • Yeah the stuff available is very variable. There were a couple of months earlier in the year where all they seemed to have was wireless keyboards, wireless mice, and wireless keyboard and mouse combos, and one person only needs so many of those!

BTW, a note for anyone else who does join - you initially only get a budget of £10 and can test 1 P&O item at a time but as you successfully completed tasks you get moved up the ranks (seemingly at random) and after a while you should get to level S where your budget is £85 and you can run 6 P&O tasks in parallel.
  • Hi, I'm not a bot or employee or whatever else McA thinks I might be (last time I looked) but I have used Noodle Campus for about 6 months continuously and gained a fair bit of gear from them, albeit most of the stuff I got wasn't what I dream about (!!!). However in the last 6 months or so it has completely dried up, no further tasks available to me and it's just stagnant.
    I did have a conversation last year with a guy there called Alex, who was pretty helpful in sorting out my error on the Paypal address, but no further responses since then.
    I don't think it's a scam, but I do believe they've simply stopped getting stuff from, for eg. Technet to test and give away.
    Shame, it was quite good while it lasted. I got to a budget of £25 before it ran out, but hey, I have a pair of VR glasses sitting in the cupboard if anyone wants to make me an offer....
  • Well this site is aimed at people in the UK and what's available to them. according to the replies on their Facebook page noodle campus offer different products to different countries. (People were complaining that the products weren't available when they applied)
    So maybe because you say that you're in the USA the offers are different idk but it doesn't apply here.

Btw it's only been a month since you say you joined but everyone says it takes time to be approved and get products but you seem to have accumulated a small store in that short time!!!!

Ps please stop writing full instructions it's against the forum rules as it seems like solicitation for your site.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback