Replacing Roof Ridge Tiles

Hi All

Just after checking a quote for replacing ridge tiles. I want the current ones replacing as they are a mismatch of old ones and not straight (storm damage a few years ago where we got them patched up).
It is a semi detached 30's property so needs the hips done too(is that what they are called?!).
Had a quote of around £1500 as they all need replacing and obviously need scaffolding for the job. Is this in the right ballpark?

Thanks

Comments

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It seems about right, a little high, but the scaffolding will be £800-£900. £600 work is about three days work for one person or two people working two short days.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • Sorry to Hijack this thread but I haven't worked out how to post a new thread yet. I have a pitched roof tile blown off by strong winds recently. The roofer quoted £100 for replacing the tile on email but when he came and looked at the job, he stated that the roof panel was put up wrongly and had damaged the roof. He states that I need a new replacement roof panel and to realign the roof tiles properly so that the tiles won't be blown off by the wind again. He gives me a quote of £1,000 and states it will be one or two day job. As he put me in a bit of pressure, I initially agreed but now I am not so sure. Does it really cost that much especially as he didn't seem to do anything this afternoon apart from taking out the old roof panels? I wish I didn't agree to him initially and got a few quotes first beforehand.

Am I being totally ripped off? Thanks ever so much in advance!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure