Future Finances: Time vs Money

1161718192022»

Comments

• sukysue
    sukysue Posts: 1,823 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hope your Step Dad and Mum are ok Shy , just concentrate on them my dear. We will be here when you come back no worries .
    xXx-Sukysue-xXx
  • lindez
    lindez Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi S and R,
    thinking of you we will be here on your return x
    MFWB#2
    MFTT5 #28
    Save 12k 2020 #111
  • sukysue
    edited 29 August 2018 at 6:12PM
    Great news my Sciatica is much better with no Gabapentin!
    On the other hand l have sad news that our Best man from our wedding 36 yrs ago, has passed away at the age of 59, from a sudden collapse, while he was in hospital for Kidney problems. We are shocked to the core, he was a very kind soul Bless him. Anyway just thought to tell you all here because we have lost a few of our friends and relatives lately and are thinking our retirement it is the best thing we ever did . Well worth it and not a day has gone by that we have regretted it .When we were thinking and worried abut retiring we would never have thought that this would have been the outcome. When we were looking for answers to our worries there seemed none it was entirely up to us and we couldnt see many positive stories to relieve our worries , so this is why l am posting here in case there are ppl like us who are in our dilemma needing to hear a positive story .
    S & R l hope all is well with you and yours , take care my dear .
    xXx-Sukysue-xXx
  • crv1963
    crv1963 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Sorry Sukysue to hear your news, it does put things into perspective, glad you made the right choices.
    CRV1963- Light bulb moment Sept 15- Planning the great escape- aka retirement!
  • joansgirl
    joansgirl Posts: 17,899 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I've had a really stressful morning trying to decide how much dosh to shove in an ISA. Trying to predict how much I need to live on for the next 5 years is not fun.

I know ISAs are pretty dire at the moment but my savings earn more than the £1000 limit for tax free interest so I need to get some of it stashed away from the beady eyes of the tax man :cool:
    floraison.gif
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
  • sukysue
    Joansgirl we have this trouble , have you maxed out your premium bonds?
    xXx-Sukysue-xXx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport