Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Comments

• Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I think the heat and the dirt are taking a toll of production! Need some rain(over night of course) to clean my panels.

Thought about getting up on the roof from the front and tipping buckets of water down over the panels but the B&C would not let me use the butt water. She needed it for her raspberries! Why not use tap water for the raspberries? Butt water is better she says!:D

Hawaii + 1.499 O's
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• countryman_2
    countryman_2 Posts: 421 Forumite
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    I think the heat and the dirt are taking a toll of production! Need some rain(over night of course) to clean my panels.

Thought about getting up on the roof from the front and tipping buckets of water down over the panels but the B&C would not let me use the butt water. She needed it for her raspberries! Why not use tap water for the raspberries? Butt water is better she says!:D

Hawaii + 1.499 O's

Considering the amount of sunshine, production is definitely down, panels are noticeably quite dusty, a combination of that and this heat... 6.2 O's Yesterday
    4kw PV fitted 4th July 2014 (Green Energy NW £5600). WSW facing, 30 deg Pitch, Unshaded, Samil Solar River inverter, 16 Solar World Mono panels, Iboost on Immersion Heater. located in mid Lincolnshire.
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Heading down hill..:(..Only a/an Hawaii + 1.12 O's today...coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • ajbell
    ajbell Posts: 1,151 Forumite
    6.25 Os today and 158kwh so far for June.
    4kWp, South facing, 16 x phono solar panels, Solis inverter, Lincolnshire.
  • Oscargrouch
    edited 6 July 2018 at 11:30PM
    ajbell wrote: »
    6.25 Os today and 158kwh so far for June.
    Which June? We are now in July: I have only done ..38.56 O's for this July so far...:rotfl::rotfl:;)..coffee.gif
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    All's well here for July, a lovely 5.89 O's yesterday, and predicting 105% for the month. Each great day pushes that up about 1%, and the long term forecast is mostly great days to mid July now. One day (week today) it might even rain.

Too hot.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hawaii + 0.275 O’s here yesterday:D
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • Might have been one of the hottest days today but also the cloudiest so a miserable 5.2 O’s here in Sheffield :D
  • ajbell
    ajbell Posts: 1,151 Forumite
    5.95 Os today.
    4kWp, South facing, 16 x phono solar panels, Solis inverter, Lincolnshire.
  • Oscargrouch
    edited 7 July 2018 at 9:54PM
    Not too bad as the panels are now 'mingers'...a/an Hawaii + 1.16 O's..:beer::beer:coffee.gif
    Edit: Wheels started to fall orft around 14:30...:(:mad:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback