TSB credit card monthly direct debit not taken today

Comments

• No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No dd taken from Santander to TSB for last month, for mine, on the
    8th May
    and OH has a big one due tomorrow, also from Santy to TSB.
    not worried it's TSB DD that is not working.

Just have ?? to deal with in the future ?
    fun and games
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 May 2018 at 11:05PM
    1% cashback paid but only £1.15 when I spent the full £500. Not doing too well are they !
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    molerat wrote: »
    1% cashback paid but only £1.15 when I spent the full £500. Not doing too well are they !

Just checked mine and although it's a bit better at £4.96, I'm not sure I understand as I too spent the £500 for the fiver. I wonder if something is not classed as 'eligible spending' as per T&Cs - although I'm not sure what that would be with all purchases on my statement which are not gambling nor cash withdrawals which I would expect to be excluded :(
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    They appear to have incorrectly calculated the cashback on the sum of the whole pounds only and not as before on the sum of the transactions including pence.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 May 2018 at 7:29AM
    AirlieBird wrote: »
    They appear to have incorrectly calculated the cashback on the sum of the whole pounds only and not as before on the sum of the transactions including pence.
    Doesn't explain my £1.15. I stopped using the card early in April because I had hit the £500 mark in the first couple of weeks. By coincidence I did spend £115 at the end of last month which was logged at the beginning of this month.
  • DazCM
    DazCM Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I’ve had a measly 45p cashback for a spend of £493.
  • greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 May 2018 at 9:20AM
    molerat wrote: »

Exactly the same with me........
    Is this fiasco ever going to get sorted ??
    Time some 'Government Department' started slapping legs !!
  • pochisoldi
    pochisoldi Posts: 261 Forumite
    As I posted in a separate thread a few minutes ago.

For me it was 71p when I was expecting £5.

Since I don't have visibility of more than 20 transactions, I've been tracking my spend in a spreadsheet, and quickly determined that in my case 71p is for £71.63 of spend between 10th and 15th of May.

Note that the "rounding" is done at the eligible balance level, not on individual transactions - so transactions for £1.50 + £0.99 gives rounded down 1% of £2.49, not rounded 1% of £1.50+ rounded 1% of £0.99.

I say "rounding" because it's actually truncation - previously they rounded up/down, using that method I would have got 72p on this broken attempt at payment

Yet another case of an update being rushed into production with insufficient (query, zero) testing.

PochiSoldi
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    received my cashback today and as with everyone else mine is wrong as well. Payment is short by quite a bit. this is getting silly now. Plus still can't view any statements. Haven't seen my April statement at all.
  • tsb
    tsb Posts: 318 Forumite
    Mine is also incorrect. I've only three transactions in April so it is a little easier to check. It looks like my calculation is just paying cashback on one transaction.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure