* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Afternoon everyone, i am so excited i have had a chair on my amazon wish list for a year now, a white leather chesterfield type of chair with black diamates (my bed is white leather with diamantes) it was on there for £199 for about 9 months then it went right up to £891 but i left it on my list just in case it went down and it has to £99 and free delivery so the kids have all chipped in and bought it for me for mothers day, it will look fab in my bedroom and i can curl up in a nice throw and read to my hearts content

MURIE that sounds great having a project to do like that. I love the sound of all your 'dos' could we see pics of the decorations etc when you have them. Did you get a unicorn for your mom?

VULPIX ooh your lanterns sound good i hope you have a lovely chinese new year/end of panto 'do' well done on the weight loss

PEPPAPIG oh how exciting not knowing where you are going, cant wait to hear all about it. I hope DD2s dog will be ok

LMG1305 my DD2 and DS are going to see the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child too, in May i think

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • freespirit66
    Agree about us being very quiet, but I think this is probably the recovery time for us and we will be back with a vengence from 1st Feb!

I have bought a couple of bits of clothing for nephews, they may get them for birthdays or Christmas, but they were on sale so not complaining about cost and they won't go off!

After a sleepless night, saw the surgeon earlier. Appointments were running 2 hours late as each case was discussed by all involved in the examinations, path lab etc. before clinic started. Was feeling a tad nervous, even though I knew statistics were in my favour. 5 minutes later, I was on my way out, discharged completely. Very happy, even if I do have a huge clot which will take a while to be absorbed back in :D

I am so happy to hear this you must be so relieved, i hope the clot disperses quickly though x
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • freespirit66
    PEPPAPIG i have finally DONE IT i have text both sisters and said i cant buy for the kids anymore, i kept having this little voice in my head PEPPAPIG SAID DO IT PEPPAPIG SAID DO IT :rotfl:and today i finally plucked up the courage, we shall see what reactions i get to it
  • PEPPAPIG i have finally DONE IT i have text both sisters and said i cant buy for the kids anymore, i kept having this little voice in my head PEPPAPIG SAID DO IT PEPPAPIG SAID DO IT :rotfl:and today i finally plucked up the courage, we shall see what reactions i get to it

Way to go Free!:dance::dance::dance: You can always blame Peppa anyway!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Fab news GTQ, I'm so pleased for you and I hope your clot disappears very soon.

Yay, well done FREE, I'm proud of you. If past form is anything to go by they may not reply at all but whatever happens you've made a decision that is right for you and given them plenty of notice. Team FREE all the way!

Ha ha MURIE, I think my Ann Summers days are a long way behind me. I did actually manage to get the undies and a pair of jeans from Debenhams though so a very successful trip.

VULPIX my DD has been losing the same three pounds for at least a year. She did go from a size 18 to a 12 but then she had the DGSs and put weight on during the pregnancies and hasn't been able to lose it since. Really hoping she'll lose it this year because I know it's bothering her (easy to tell, she buys lots and lots of shoes!).

Thank you for the concern about DD2s little dog. It's her heart, she's had a mild heart murmur for quite a while but it's got worse and has been rated as a four out of six so she's now on heart meds and hopefully should be more stable now. She'll be a heart failure patient like DH, I've told him it'll make a special bond between them - he doesn't seem too keen lol.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    GTQ- brilliant! I wasn't sure when your follow up appt was but I thought it was around this time- hopefully the clot will dissolve sooner rather than later x I have had good news today too as Mom had her follow up apt from her MRI which has come back clear. Her appt was at 5.10 and the consultant was running late. I was on edge and we were only 20 mins late going in so I cant imagine how nervous you must have been being 2 hours behind! Im so happy for you that you are in the clear x (btw how is your mom now?)

Free- nope didn't get the unicorn cus I couldn't see it in HB when I went but I will keep my eyes open when I go again. She can have it as an Easter present instead of for her birthday if I manage to find one. Congrats on telling your sisters- don't worry about what they say just stick to your guns x

LMG you are right January is racing by! I usually think that its a slow month but its really flying by this year! The spring bulbs will be up and flowering before we know it!

Chrissy- knowing what to get the men in our lives is half the battle so even though you haven't got it yet you are half way there! I struggle knowing what to get my DH.

I have caved and broken my dry month promise. I am having a glass of wine. Its a sort of celebration about Moms results and a desperate attempt to relax into a decent nights sleep for a change. I would never advocate alcohol purely to drown out a situation but the weeks since Christmas haven't been easy here so with one worry out of the way I feel I can give in to a bit of temptation and have a glass before facing what's to come in the next few weeks as my BIL is nearing the end of his life far too early aged 58. (Sorry to bring the thread down).
    I hesitated whether to try to jump start the thread this morning as I knew that I might have to disappear for a while when the inevitable happens and I wasn't sure about the situation with Mom either and it would look like I was not following up with my own suggestion of general chat. Im glad to see that everyone is feeling the same way -that we miss the general chattiness of this group of ours x So even if I do disappear at some point keep chatting and like Terminator 'I'LL BE BACK!'
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    PEPPAPIG i have finally DONE IT i have text both sisters and said i cant buy for the kids anymore, i kept having this little voice in my head PEPPAPIG SAID DO IT PEPPAPIG SAID DO IT :rotfl:and today i finally plucked up the courage, we shall see what reactions i get to it

Well done :T:T

My DSs birthday is close to Christmas, and he will be 17 this year. For his birthday and Christmas he wants driving lessons, so I will be spending this year saving up for that.

We do a secret Santa for the adults in the family, so I can't do any planning or early buying for that as I will only know in October / November who my person is.

My eldest niece (22) and nephew (18) get cash, so the only people I have to buy for this coming Christmas are the 3 toddlers. And they are quite easy to please, so I'll likely pick up something during the course of the year when toys are on offer.

But I have booked a trip to Lapland for 16 to 21 December for DS and I. I want to take him to Lapland before it becomes uncool to go on holiday with your mum ;)
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Peppa- fingers crossed the meds start to kick in for DDs dog.

Glad you got undies and jeans do you look 'simply fabulous now dahhhling?'!
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    Sorry to hear about your BIL murie.
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank you for the birthday wishes last week. I've been a bit rubbish at keeping up to date, so I'm going to do a little bit of reading back as luckily there doesn't seem too many pages yet.
    In the meantime I hope everyone is ok :)
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family