PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2016 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Comments

• GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    :) Righty, just heading out for the day at work.

Minsgame Day 2; tube of handcream, finished, washed and into recycling plus worn-out head from leccy toothbrush - binned.

Have a great day, one and all, catch you laters. GQ xx
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Day 2

Things:-

a five year old academic diary (I used to keep records of my hours, as a part timer who worked flexibly I was aware of the need to prove if necessary what I'd done). I don't even work in that job any more so it can go
    An empty container for printer ink - just why was that kept?

Photos

- some random deer at Knole house in Kent
    - a picture of the gorges du Verdon in France (only know that because it was labelled, otherwise it looks like some random rocks)
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Serendipitous, , you are so right about Bessie being another of the difficult characters on the list.

My mum has several wardrobes stuffed full of lovely blouses, tops, skirts etc, that she won't use because they are too good. She's keeping them for that dratted Bessie! Sadly she hardly has any social life outside having a few visitors so the lovely clothes never, and I mean never, get worn. I suggested she wear some becuase she would feel special even if it was just a drive to the shops but she was adamant that she 'couldn't'. Perhaps I'll make a joke about Bessie's stash and see if that sparks any reaction (joy, maybe?? :rotfl:).

Right, I have a mammoth to-do list, knocked 2 jobs off already but lots more to do, so I'm outta here. Have a great Friday!

M
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • tibawo
    tibawo Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So Day 2 of min's game.. 29 things to sort/dispose of.

3 vinyl record bowls all wrapped and ready
    8 things for more activity packs, made them up and dutifully put with others
    10 photos scanned
    6 random photos of trees somewhere in the world - gone
    2 things to eBay [muffin and pop cake maker]
    Go get it!
  • short_bird
    short_bird Posts: 3,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    11 in charity bag
    Separate bag of possibly ragging with 10 items
    plus 35 to sell for a total of 56.

Not counting the toaster as that's 1 out, 1 in... :rotfl:
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
  • I need to buy some large letter stamps at the weekend as I seem to have run out. That's should help someone with the mins game later in the month (sorry for the delay in getting sorted with that)
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • MMF007 wrote: »
    Serendipitous, , you are so right about Bessie being another of the difficult characters on the list.

My mum has several wardrobes stuffed full of lovely blouses, tops, skirts etc, that she won't use because they are too good. She's keeping them for that dratted Bessie! Sadly she hardly has any social life outside having a few visitors so the lovely clothes never, and I mean never, get worn. I suggested she wear some becuase she would feel special even if it was just a drive to the shops but she was adamant that she 'couldn't'. Perhaps I'll make a joke about Bessie's stash and see if that sparks any reaction (joy, maybe?? :rotfl:).

Right, I have a mammoth to-do list, knocked 2 jobs off already but lots more to do, so I'm outta here. Have a great Friday!

M

This Bessie is a very lucky lady isn't she, with clothing stockpiled for her in many homes! :rotfl:

I shouldn't laugh - at the top of the heap in the hall, there's a beautiful damask white tablecloth, BNIB, very expensive, that really ought to be for someone's wedding or maybe Christmas, but I have held back on it and not put it into service while the grandkids are so young. Maybe this December I will get it out and live dangerously, else that will just go yellow in storage otherwise. :(
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    at the top of the heap in the hall, there's a beautiful damask white tablecloth, BNIB, very expensive, that really ought to be for someone's wedding or maybe Christmas, but I have held back on it and not put it into service while the grandkids are so young. Maybe this December I will get it out and live dangerously, else that will just go yellow in storage otherwise. :(
    My damask table cloth survives all sorts of abuse. It washes beautifully. The adults make more of a mess with wine stains than the kids do ... Get it out and enjoy it. After all, it stops the edge of the table getting sticky :cool:
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 2 September 2016 at 4:38PM
    greenbee wrote: »
    My damask table cloth survives all sorts of abuse. It washes beautifully. The adults make more of a mess with wine stains than the kids do ... Get it out and enjoy it. After all, it stops the edge of the table getting sticky :cool:

That's very reassuring, thank you. :T It will look pretty at Xmas.

Today I have returned an unwanted top, pity as it was a bargain but trying it on at home sparked more frowns than joy, so no good. And miracle of miracles, sold something overnight on Bay of E, a set of 7 items, so that's posted and gone. And used my old toothbrush to clean grout and then binned.

Now to iron some bits of DD's left here on Monday, they've already been washed and dried, so then they can be put in a bag to go.

ETA - 2 Gu puddings to a grateful recipient. Saving an inch or two on my hips.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Phew, time for a cuppa! Right, while carrying out housework upstairs I sorted 4 books for CS and organised my latest arrivals (mum got me 9 books from church sale and I had 5 unread from a galivant at NT property near here. As promised I have not bought more and will not, until most of these are read. They did need sorting out though, so job done, all of the ones that are a series are in the ccorrect order (no more opening them every time to see copyright date). The others are a pretty random selection, mostly written within the last 20 years but also an older one that I had on my wanted list. No particular order necessary, just a suitable place for them to rest until I get to them. Sorted!

Added 2 presents to the stash and updated the contents list for easy reference.

Need to check which pair of trousers are going to CS. I put 4 pairs through the wash but have forgotten which was the one to go, duh!

DH finishing early today. I'll see how the land lies but may be encouraging a mini kondo. I wonder if he would like the Mins game? He is very competitive :D
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport