PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What have you baked today?

Comments

• CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Carrot cake and a loaf of French-style white bread from the BM for me.

I really must try making twinks some time - everyone on here seems to reckon they're brilliant and I'd really like to find out for myself. :)
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I made a really yummy victoria sponge for my mom and some fairy cakes for the kids. Tomorrow I hope to make HM quiche and a cheesecake.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just made a Girdlebuster pie. Yummy!
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • pawpurrs wrote: »
    Just made a Girdlebuster pie. Yummy!

A what?! Lol! It sounds lovely & fattening though!
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • bellaquidsin
    bellaquidsin Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    No baking as such today but the pilchard pie I made for tea went down a treat and there's one for the freezer. Yesterday it was 2 large loaves and a dozen rolls and date and walnut scones.

Bella.
    A man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth. Luke 12 v 15
  • owlet
    owlet Posts: 1,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Only a spag bol for me today. It seems ages since I did any baking we have been trying to use up all the food gifts from Christmas. I think we are nearly there now :) . We took 4 tins of biscuits to work & put them in the staff room. That got rid of those within two days lol.
    SPC 8 (2015) #485 TOTAL: £334.65
    SPC 9 (2016) #485 TOTAL £84
    SPC 10 (2017) # 485 TOTAL: £464.80
    SPC 11 (2018) #485
  • I have just made my very first banana bread adapted from Nigella's recipe online after reading a thread about it on here yesterday. Of course I had to adapt it, I can never leave well-alone even when I've never made something before! It's turned out most beautifully and I'm so proud of myself I'm going to take it over to some friends for tea tomorrow afternoon. IF I haven't eaten it all by myself beforehand.

PILCHARD PIE? I'm not a meat-eater so I'd be very interested in a recipe for that, if you can be bothered.
  • Zazen999
    Zazen999 Posts: 6,183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Cheese and leek mash with sausages; plus cinnamon and raisin bread and some rolls just going in the hot oven now...
  • mummyroysof3
    mummyroysof3 Posts: 4,566 Forumite
    i used my new bread maker for the 1st time and made some banana and choc cakes and attempted to make muffins but they didnt turn out so weel:rotfl:
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • DizzyK_2
    DizzyK_2 Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I made granary bread and boiled fruit cake last night to eat today and then have made pizza dough for lunch today and froze some kiddy sized bits for another day :j
    :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport