Help pls! What does this mean??

Hi all, hoping someone can help me.
Have been claiming PPI for my parents through Resolver but have just had letter from RBS to say my Dad's complaint has 'already been registered under the PPI reference 123456'
He's not recieved any PPI despite having a card with NatWest for a long time and almost certainly having PPI.
Could anyone ahead any light on this? He won't ring them!!!
Many thanks

Comments

• BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    It suggests he has already registered a complaint. Could he have spoken with a reclaim company at some point, if not the bank directly?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,259 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Have been claiming PPI for my parents through Resolver but have just had letter from RBS to say my Dad's complaint has 'already been registered under the PPI reference 123456'

This would indicate that he has already made a complaint and they are linking this new complaint to that one.
    He's not recieved any PPI despite having a card with NatWest for a long time and almost certainly having PPI.

PPI is a product. You dont receive it.
    Could anyone ahead any light on this?

As you have worded it, it looks like he has already complained in the past.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    NikkijF wrote: »
    So your complaint is that he "almost certainly" had PPI? :eek:

I doubt you are going to progress this very far, especially if he's already made such a complaint in the past.

PPI is an insurance policy, it's not something you therefore "receive".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure