* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• Trendyjenny
    Trendyjenny Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    I enjoyed doing an escape room... you get locked in a room, (there is an emergency key if needed ) and then you need to solve puzzles / riddles to gain clues on how to get the combination to escape the room.
    we got 1 hour with 8 clues.

everywhere I look at the moment there is clutter ! just moved another pile to discover that the window sill has cracked and looks like frame is loose !!!!!

my dream job has just come up and i'm a bit reluctant to go for it. ( all the past months traumas ) application needs to be completed for 27th .

big hugs to everyone
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Thank you for all the congrats everyone, it's very much appreciated as I have been so rubbish at posting / replying to your good fortunes / trials / tribulations of late. :o I am now thinking about the next race to enter ...after spending the last three weeks thinking 'I can't wait for a break' :rotfl:

peppa great news on the house - hope it all goes smoothly for you

chrissy how awful :mad: definitely do not let that one rest - I hope OH is feeling better now. I loved Charmed when it was on (usually a re run in the US when I'm travelling) I actually got a bit teary in the final episode.

vulpix I'm not exactly over the hill yet but I don't 'get' some of this eyebrow malarkey at all. That said, mine are still recovering from all the 90's plucking :rotfl:

Some exciting holidays planned from the sound of it, can't believe today is the first day of Spring! Nothing more christmassy here atm, no real need (though i might get my DN gift sooner rather than later so that's sorted)

If anyone does work out that cloning secret, do share, either that or 48hrs in a day would be great too :)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well hubby is still in hospital lots of ups and downs but generally heading in the right direction[slowly] . he is to have an mri as they think there may be some debris causing the inflamation if so they may be able to flush it . What i didn't know was even though he had his gall bladder out in 08 he can still get gall stones !

DD is trying to be supportive she is tidying up doing washing , dishes etc and even made me a cup of tea last night .

I had a call to my mobile yesterday saying you recently had a non fault accident were you hurt ? so i said yes i was i died ! don't know why but that ended the conversation.
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,309 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hahahaha Chrissy,thats brilliant! Hope your husband is sorted soon.Pancreatitis is grim.

My eyebrows have bald spots too from over plucking,this is why my daughter is on my eyebrow case.I stopped plucking when I gave up work and now I cant see well enough to do it if I wanted to!I have a stencil :rotfl:which would make me look very surprised if I used it:rotfl:

Thank goodness for some nicer weather today.I am off into the garden.#excited.lol

Vx
     :
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon everyone,

MURIE/PEPPAPIG Escape Room is like the real life version of Crystal Maze, they had to find keys and solve clues, to get out of each locked room, it was all to do with a either finding/running from a serial killer so bits of bodies were involved they absolutely loved it and completed it with 3 minutes remaining so they were dead chuffed

04624181 the easter weekend away sounds lovely the kids will love their surprise

VULPIX i wear brow makeup as my eyebrows are sparse and i look like i havent got any if i dont wear it (the problem with getting older) and i also well up when listening to bagpipes for some obscure reason!
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • kerri_gt
    Options
    and i also well up when listening to bagpipes for some obscure reason!

They remind me of The Family Ness :o
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    edited 22 March 2017 at 12:11AM
    Options
    FREE that Escape Room sounds like something my DD and SIL would like, I'll have to Google it as could be a good pressie.

My eyebrows are quite thin (all that plucking in the late 1970s) and DD2 is obsessed with eyebrow makeup so she does mine when she comes up, it's an art form with her. I did buy the Benefit eyebrow kit for about £20 but it's still in the box because I just can't do it. My sister had hers tattooed but they're quite dark to start with and my brother in law said she looked like the chinaman character from Benny Hill and kept saying 'you sirry irriot' (won't mean anything to anyone who doesn't remember Benny Hill lol).

Big news for me is that the vow renewal/blessing is sorted. We're having the ceremony in the village church where my daughter lives and then a buffet at the pub opposite. It's going to be July 1st so fingers crossed for good weather.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening everyone,

KERRI i have never heard of The Family Ness what is it?

PEPPAPIG oh that is lovely news about your vow renewal all being sorted, you must be so looking forward to it, i will be keeping my fingers crossed for the weather. I use Benefit Gimme Brow it is very easy to use although its £20 as well, i have thought about tattooing but would be worried i would hate it. I remember Benny Hill my nan used to watch him all the time, also they do the escape rooms in a few different places as well as on groupon, google it and see what comes up
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • kerri_gt
    Options
    Free The Family Ness was a cartoon on the BBC that aired (according to Wicki) between 1984 - 1985 - though I am quite sure I recall watching it on the BBC later than that. The Nessies were called up from the Loch via the children blowing their 'thistle whistles' with a common line 'Angus, blow your thistle whistle'

Here's a link to the theme tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaCzbqdFS24

Peppa great news on the renewal being sorted. x

I was contemplating having microblading for my brows - which is a method using the semi permanent tattooing....then I saw how much it is...currently wondering which vital organ to list on fleabay to fund it!
    JAN NSD 11/16

• vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,309 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Peppa that is lovely news about your vow renewal. I am so impressed with your husband for even thinking about it.:T

My SIL has had her brows tattooed. They look very realistic,not too dark or slug like.So far i have used the powder 1 day.Maybe tattoo is the way for me cos I just cant be bothered with makeup any more.

My daughter has done the escape room thing a couple of times in Manchester,she really enjoyed it.

I did a full day in the garden yesterday and am pleased with the results.I am still making the garden in the back.I have decided that I made the patio too big so I am taking some of the stone up digging out the hardcore and filling with top soil and compost.I know how to have a good time.A couple of friends called in yesterday for coffee and it was a treat to sit in an almost complete garden in the sun.Even better, Mr and Mrs Blackbird have started to come in the garden.A sign the back garden is more healthy than the broken glass and rubble it used to be.Mr B has even been in the bird bath:eek:I have had that bird bath about 4 years and have never seen a bird even glance at it before.

Bloomin chucking it down today.We are off to buy new pans.Yes I put some spuds on yesterday lunch time ,went in the garden and left them on.I am not safe.I am making a regular habit of it.:eek:

Vx
     :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family