Sat/Sun 23rd/24th Feb: What small DFW-style things will you be doing today?

Comments

• Hi all,

I have been missing a few days again due to silly shifts, nights all week so I feel yuck today, my body still thinks I should be asleep.

I have posted off ten ebay parcels this morning, made around £60 after postage costs, not as much as I would have hoped but £60 is not to be sniffed at and still lots more to list.

Making dinner for friends tonight, homemade chicken korma and cheesecake. I got the recipe from a link to a free recipe card that ally kindly posted so thanks Ally.

In other news slightly off topic, I am going on a date tomorrow night, a colleague at work asked me out yesterday morning, it was the end of our four night shifts and I thought I was hallucinating. He put me on the spot so I felt obliged to say yes and then panicked ! Anyway will see how it goes, my brain is coming up with all kinds of reasons why it isn't a good idea.

Have a good weekend everyone

Much love

S x
    "The greatest wealth is health"
    Bank of Mum and Dad - £20,000 - 3 years fixed at 3.25% and 2 years variable rate, estimated £22,21 due to end November 2017
    Car finance - £10,250.92 over 60 months 9.7% APR, Interest £2612.08, Total £13,906.08 November 2017
    HP £1999.47 - 36 months at 0% -March 2016
  • Awwww how nice stacey! Enjoy it, a bit of fun to put a pep in your step! I went through a phase when I was dating loads and I loved it

alley not to be too annoying but please can I have the passport pics links again? I haven't saved them, or at least if I have I have filed them very unhelpfully! sorry pinky promise to make good use of them this time x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Been MIA for far to long nice to be back!

Today:

Trip to the farm shop for potatoes and rabbit supplies, bulk buy 10kg food/ hay to save ££ in pet shop..... A lemon drizzle n the whoopsie bin for £1.20 :j yummy

Post some ebay parcels and sewing orders, secord class as they can wait an extra day or so for delivery, collect pass port forms with the hope of a holiday next year! :T

All meals from stores, sausage and mash for tea, bottom of the fridge soup and toasies for lunch.

Toddler in cloth, nappies on the line to dry in the wind and will ignore the ironing pile for another day to save on electric!:rotfl:

Will finish the mittens and hat i'm knitting for toddler from left yarn ive hunted out. Must not buy anymore yarn! :o

Mrs H
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    stacey2193 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    In other news slightly off topic, I am going on a date tomorrow night, a colleague at work asked me out yesterday morning, it was the end of our four night shifts and I thought I was hallucinating. He put me on the spot so I felt obliged to say yes and then panicked ! Anyway will see how it goes, my brain is coming up with all kinds of reasons why it isn't a good idea.

Have fun, where are you going for the date?
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Good Afternoon my Lovelies

ally - Thanks for starting us off, sorry to hear about your car
    stacey - Enjoy your date, just take it as an opportunity to get out and you never know where these things will end and at least you have things in common already - work/shifts

Hi :wave:to all the regulars and lurkers and a BIG welcome to all the newbies, this is a really FAB thread with so many lovely, caring, considerate and supportive people.

Still not feeling great, Hubster and LO have shocking colds too. Stepson has just dropped his eldest 2 boys off (6 and 2) while he goes to the Footie so just a quiet afternoon planned Lego and Madagascar DVD (also helps that I am uptodate with washing and ironing), so another feeble list for today

Check Banks - Done
    Check swapits - Done
    Check www.freepostcodelottery.com - Done
    Sort craft room -
    Up to date on emails -

Surveys - Done
    General Tidy Round - Done
    Meals from stores -
    Read or Knit - 75% cushion complete
    Enter a few comps -

Have a great day, happy weekend, love to you all

C xx
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 17/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• Bobarella wrote: »
    Have fun, where are you going for the date?

I have no idea, we are going for dinner and he is picking me up too so I don't need to drive, he lives 40 miles away from me near where we both work so it isn't just round the corner for him to pick me up bless him. I told him I would rather he chose where to go.

One thing that is bothering me is that he is texting already talking about doing things past the first date like going to concerts and DVD nights. I don't know him well at all, and to me this just feels like he is moving too fast already.
    "The greatest wealth is health"
    Bank of Mum and Dad - £20,000 - 3 years fixed at 3.25% and 2 years variable rate, estimated £22,21 due to end November 2017
    Car finance - £10,250.92 over 60 months 9.7% APR, Interest £2612.08, Total £13,906.08 November 2017
    HP £1999.47 - 36 months at 0% -March 2016
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    If you find a bit of paper where he is practising your new joint double barrelled surname, get out of there fast! :rotfl:

Awww hes a bit keen, but better that than Mr non commital???
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 23 February 2013 at 6:02PM
    alley not to be too annoying but please can I have the passport pics links again? I haven't saved them, or at least if I have I have filed them very unhelpfully! sorry pinky promise to make good use of them this time x

Post #13 (Link)
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • Pernicious
    Pernicious Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for starting us off Ally, sorry to hear about the car.
    Welcome skyvicky.
    Josie - Hope you mean change the rabbit's bedding & not the actual rabbit!
    DNMS - Have a good time at the cinema, if you're going to see the new Die Hard movie then I'm sure you will! Bit cheesey in places but what you'd expect from a Die Hard movie, I enjoyed it anyway!
    Stacey - Sounds like a perfect opportunity to get to know each other then! If he's really moving too fast then don't be afraid to say so, if he's worth your time he'll back off a little. Hope it goes well & you have a good time, very sweet of him to travel so far to pick you up.

Little list for me today as still not feeling brilliant:-
    • B/L/D from stores
    • Dinner from meal plan - HM Satay chicken & rice made by Mr Perni! :j
    • Log calories using free app
    • Checked postcode lottery
    • Charged phone via pc
    • Heating off as long as possible & on low when needed
    • Check online banking
    • Check for new mystery shopping opportunities
    • Enter some comps
    • DH has kindly had a mammoth declutter & flylady session, I am a lucky lady!
    • Got hair cut & dyed at usual salon, now as MSE as I could be but they do a very good job & I get a good price having been a customer for so long. I eeked it out as long as possible as well rather than going every 6 weeks as recommended.
    • Go to second job tonight, drive & not drink so saving money :)
    Have a great, MSE day everyone x
    :idea:Debt at July 2012: £12,862.57 :eek:
    :dance:Current Debt: £0 :j
    100% paid off!
    :think: Savings Goal for November 2016: £5000 :cool:
    :D Current Savings: £1176.24 _party_
    23.52% Saved!
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 23 February 2013 at 7:32PM
    Bobarella wrote: »
    If you find a bit of paper where he is practising your new joint double barrelled surname, get out of there fast! :rotfl:

Awww hes a bit keen, but better that than Mr non commital???

ha ha ha! Bobarella :rotfl: funnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

either or is a killer though isn't it? Just the right amount of "into you" or it kills it dead in the water.

Hope he's just knocked out by you stacey and he has you laughing like a drain all night :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills