IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Elite Management Midlands Ltd - Rising Charges - Help!

Options

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    They have 6 years to start legal action against you

In what way do you feel vulnerable? It's a bill you want to dispute!
  • CookieBiz
    CookieBiz Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I feel vulnerable because I don't know what legalities may occur from non payment as I have been given insufficient rights of appeal, I don't know what the next step is??
  • Quentin
    Options
    Why didn't you appeal to popla after the initial appeal was rejected?

The only legalities that may come are the same any creditor could take over s disputed "debt" which is issue court claim and see the defence then decide whether to proceed to a hearing and let the judge decide

All a long way in the future and nothing to feel vulnerable about!
  • CookieBiz
    Options
    From zzps Ltd.... "As no initial appeal was received, it is now too late to appeal further and a POPLA code will not be issued".
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ignore debt collectors. Post 4 of the NEWBIES explains why it is safe to do so.

Complain to the BPA and DVLA stating that there was no PCN on the vehicle at the time of the alleged event and you believe you (the keeper) have been the victim of ghost ticketing where the PCN was accidently or maliciously removed from the vehicle after the photo was taken. Demand proof that this did not happen, then ignore anything and everything you get for the next six years except real court papers.

Also complain to your MP and Sir Greg Knight MP about this unregulated scam. This is really important.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Quentin
    edited 13 May 2018 at 12:20PM
    Options
    cookiebiz6 wrote: »
    From zzps Ltd.... "As no initial appeal was received, it is now too late to appeal further and a POPLA code will not be issued".

Not according to the OP.

See time line 5.

If the OP is correct then complaints to the PPC and BPA are next!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Quentin can you remove the poster's original username from that quote in #17, please?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Quentin can you remove the poster's original username from that quote in #17, please?
    If admin can change a user's name, could not the forum programming be (re)written to make sure that quotes using the old name are changed to the new name, thus negating the need for busy people to trawl through and edit their posts. Just a thought!
  • CookieBiz
    Options
    Hi all,

Many thanks for the all the valid responses, much appreciated. I have taken on board and i will action these next steps by contacting MP, BPA, PPC. What does PPC abbreviation mean?

My username has now altered by the forum team, will by original username be erased off #17?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    PPC = Private Parking Company.

This and many other abbreviations used here are explained in post #5 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure