PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,059
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: - Absolutely!!!

Luv it
    Sorry I meant to tag you rather than pineapple, got my locations for you both swapped in my head:o
  • caronc wrote: »
    pineapple http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05hdvgd (PS -the strong language warning seems to be because the BBC aren't completely sure what he's saying :rotfl:)

kittie - at least someone is looking out for you ;)

My Dad appeared unexpectedly- completely fed up indoors so risked heading out on his mobility scooter:eek:. His home insurance is up for renewal and he was wanting me to pay (with his card) it online for him. Eh no it was far too expensive, now he'll only use companies he's heard of but even so a quick £125 saved by changing insurer. I wonder how many older people are just blindly paying these inflated quotes:mad::mad:

Yep....I was thinking "I'm fine with the accent - what's the problem?" until he changed - and then he lost me:rotfl:

I expect quite a lot of people are paying inflated quotes. I keep trying to persuade my mother that I'll do some comparison checking for her re fuel suppliers. She won't have it - even though I'm sure I could save her a few hundred £s a year quite easily. She was only complaining the other day about trying to be economical with fuel - and I was getting nowhere saying "Mother! You don't have to be - just let me get online and see who else you should be with instead."....:wall::wall:

I suppose I should be grateful every time she asks me to buy her some "warm summat or other" she's after that she's finally got into the idea of Amazon shopping (via me - as I have their address as a 2nd delivery address now) and she then sends me a cheque to pay for it. Mind you - it does lead to her asking me half a dozen times whether "the man will ask her for money at the door or no" and then asking me several times if she's sent me a cheque for what she owes me:rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    veg juice made with ginger, enough for 2 days and quicker than veg prep for meals. These modern slow juicers are so much easier to clean than the great big greenlife I used to have. A bit of procrastination going on, I want to get back to craftsy but am feeling a bit restless. Loving local radio somerset, hearing about the ups and downs and goings on and cheery music
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,120
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Sun's out and it's thawing, I can see the tarmac & grass now.

Money
    , around here taxi's have bumped the price up, big whinge online, but to my mind it is obvious they drive slowly in the snow and it takes longer, time is money as they say

I was peckish mid morning, oven on & heated and "eated" the last Gregg's from Iceland cheese & onion thingy. OK, would buy again as a standby nibble if on suitable offer

Still room for my lunchtime sarnie. I do think being stuck indoors and stir crazy, plus cold outside brings on nibble factor
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    nibble factor faraway, yes definitely, I have been non-stop nibbling, trying to stop myself today

The two kindly people are back, very early and nothing in their rucksack, they went to my neighbours to tell them they didn`t get to the next village and shop. I saw them when I was drying dishes, looking grim faced and both walking very tentatively.Hope they are ok
  • caronc
    Forumite
    I keep trying to persuade my mother that I'll do some comparison checking for her re fuel suppliers. She won't have it - even though I'm sure I could save her a few hundred £s a year quite easily. She was only complaining the other day about trying to be economical with fuel - and I was getting nowhere saying "Mother! You don't have to be - just let me get online and see who else you should be with instead."....:wall::wall:
    I've not won that battle with my Dad either....

I think it is definitely a tad warmer though the wind is baltic. still not much sign of a full thaw though some of the icicles hanging from the shed have gone. My poor wee tete-a-tete daffs which were in full bloom are looking decidedly woebegone:(
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    kittie wrote: »
    `do you know that the village cafe is open?` no I didn`t

Rule 1: Never trust anything said by somebody who wants to flog you something.... unless it's essential that you buy it immediately.
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 3 March 2018 at 1:09PM
    The wind has dropped and there is a strange yellow orb in the sky. The Great Thaw has started. :j But I still need to dig out the car. One of the neighbours saw me with my shovel and asked if I wanted a lift into town. So off we went - three intrepid pensioners in a tiny Ford Ka against the elements.
    The lane was either slushy, or still packed with snow but ok. The main issue was that a lot of it is single track with only a few passing places at the best of times. But it was banked up with snow on either side. Plus huge 'snow boulders' had built up and were hanging above the road and our little car. You just had to pray you didn't meet anyone coming the other way as there was mostly nowhere to go and if you were going uphill you needed to keep going. Fortunately the snow boulders held up as we passed. :D
    In town, the fresh produce in the Co-op was cleaned out with notices up about lack of deliveries but I did manage to grab the last oranges and the last bit of chicken along with some 'comfort food'. It was mainly about getting out. :T
  • caronc
    Forumite
    Glad you got there and back safely pineapple.:)
    Our thaw seems to halted and the forecast has changed from cloudy but dry & cold to snow & cold with temperatures dropping well below zero again this evening. Certainly going by the sky and my tinnutus levels there is definitely "something" afoot. :( A duvet afternoon with my heat pad, book & the radio on is on the cards:).
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If I went out I'd just end up buying chocolates and sausage rolls.... so trying to stay indoors ... I've plenty of food in the house and I just KNOW if I go outside I'll be lured into the shop that sells my favourite choccies and then the one that sells the sausage rolls.

Had the final 2 sausage rolls for lunch (bought 6 Wednesday, ate 2 Wednesday, 2 Thursday - I had held onto the last 2 in case the weather today was as bad and I'd regret eating them so soon).

Later I'll have some of my hot spicy mince ... with something, probably chips.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback