PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Lunch was the last of the pulled pork.

Dinner - I defrosted 250g of mince I got YS on Xmas eve. Made a dozen meatballs (Jamie Oliver recipe which uses crackers and Dijon mustard) and cooked those up. Made a big pot of pasta with tomato sauce. I had spinach, goats cheese and a couple of meatballs in mine (rest will be frozen). OH had goats cheese and chilli in his. I'd meant to cook him a quorn sausage to cut up in lieu of meatballs and forgot :o

Kettle going on for a cuppa when I've cleaned the kitchen up.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Witless
    Witless Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Simple food for a simple person - fish fingers, oven chips & beans with tea, bread & butter: eaten in the armchair beside a roaring fire.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Witless wrote: »
    Simple food for a simple person - fish fingers, oven chips & beans with tea, bread & butter: eaten in the armchair beside a roaring fire.

That sounds perfect :) I hope you enjoyed every mouthful :D
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Witless
    Witless Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Certainly did: comfort food at its best!
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Witless wrote: »

I so wanted fish fingers( the haddock ones) but mum don't like them so we had Ham, egg, chips, tomatoes and mushrooms

Nearly as nice as yours :)
  • He Who Knows will have the last of the lentil soup for his lunch and I'll have a bowl of porridge with blueberries and sunflower and pumpkin seeds for mine. Supper this evening will be a risotto with all sorts of odds and ends in from the fridge so I'll call it 'Hundreds and Thousands Risotto' because that's probably what it will look like! Cup of coffee to follow.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I made the Tagine last night, and it was lush.....

We are having steak with Dauphinoise spuds and wilted spinach

If this weather carries on it will be me that turns into the beast from the east - all I am doing is eating :eek:
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    We're having burgers and chips tonight. Have a selection of burgers they can choose from, plain beef, beef with cheese & onion, and chicken fillets KFC style.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • I've been asked to make sausage and egg mcmuffins for lunch and tonight we'll be having SC chicken curry with rice and naans.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Well, I must have been so happy about actually seeing buses going past our house - first for almost 48 hours - that I didn't tell you that we had pork, Guinness & leek sausages, home-made wedges and beans last night.

Tonight is cold pork (from Xmas), mash and pickles.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback