Transfer not debited

Options
Hi

Hope this is in the right place

Long story short i sent some money to my current account from my savings account (held with the same bank) around £600

As soon as it hit my current account i relised I didn't need to make my purchase anymore so decided to send it back to savings account. as soon as it his the savings account i logged off (this was all done around 6 days ago)

Anyhow I've just logged on and found that the £600 is still in my current account and hasn't been taken off balance. just to test i sent the £600 to savings again and then back to current account and low and behold it moved so i know it is an available balance

So im just confused as ive never seen this before as usually banks chases you down for a few quid lol

Will they take it back ? Or have i been lucky to slip through the net because its within my own accounts with same bank? Or should i call them?

Thanks

Comments

• Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    So are you saying that between the current account and the savings account that you have £600 more than you thought you had?
  • Kira_34
    Options
    Yes that is what i am saying
  • Kira_34
    Options
    Seems to be an additional £600
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Kira_34 wrote: »
    Seems to be an additional £600
    Either it is or it isn't. It can't seem to be. If it is, you can either discuss it with your bank, or wait until they contact you about it. This could take several months, so don't spend the £600 that you know you owe the bank.
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    I'd ring them up, making an official complaint about the balances for your accounts not being correct, resulting in you having an additional £600 sitting in your accounts.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family