What small DFW things will you do w/c 2nd December?

Options
When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important! :money:
DF as at 30/12/16
Womblng 2020:
NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2

Comments

• determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning :D wow it's been an age since I started the thread!

Feeling motivated today :D

* tidied up the kitchen, unloaded and reloaded the DW
    * load of washing in machine. Will double spin before hanging up
    * TOMM
    * go for a run
    * sewing - have 3 jobs for customers now so should make today the day I get on and finish these :D
    * need to go through cc statement and pay off
    * read book and have a bubble bath this evening :D

Ok that's all I think
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all!

Hope you all had a good weekend - need to go back and catch up on the thread.

Today I have/will:
    * Check banks
    * Do washing up
    * Use up end of "old" toothpaste
    * Take lunch to work using leftover sausages
    * Park for free and walk to work
    * Snaffle a couple of receipts I spotted on my walk to snap
    * Update spreadsheet with weekend's spends
    * Check OP/PA
    * Buy cheap wreath hanger
    * Snap receipt
    * Wrap present I need to post to Australia to ensure it gets there before Christmas
    * Get a lift to parkour
    * Dinner from stores
    * Use up end of "old" shower gel

Think that's everything - hope you all have a really good Monday!
    Starting again..
  • Baileys_Babe
    Options
    DNMS thank you for starting this week's thread :A
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 2 December 2019 at 7:17PM
    Options
    Morning all,

Thanks Dnms for this weeks thread.

I'm feeling a bit behind so going to make my list a "done list" instead today!

:heartpuls Kids continuing using up ys bread from the freezer with scrambled eggs for their breakfasts
    :heartpuls 2 gym classes done and refilled water bottle there
    :heartpuls I've just finished off the last 3 crumpets as my brunch
    :heartpuls Cooking two chickens at the same time in the oven to make the most of it being on (and messaged my dad to say that we'll take chicken with us to them tomorrow as we're going for tea there as they're watching the kids for us to go out for the first of two nights out this week! (we rarely go out and yet two this week! )
    :heartpuls Washed a load on the quick 30 degree wash
    :heartpuls Ran the dishwasher on the quick wash and emptied
    :heartpuls Close off Novemembers cashbook and kick off Decembers
    :heartpuls Open up new savings accounts for the kids as I've seen a better rate on n/wide
    :heartpuls Chickens are cooked - so pull them apart, a jug of the juices in the fridge for making leek & potato soup later in the next couple of days and the carcass is in the slow cooker waiting for veg peelings/water later to make stock.
    :heartpuls 2nd load in the quick 30 degree wash
    :heartpuls Bought 12 month pass for n0wtv entertainment/cinema on its black friday offer.
    :heartpuls Hang washing on the heated airer (and some on radiators too as it won't all fit and the heating will be going on when the kids get home anyway)
    :heartpuls Done an online survey
    :heartpuls A p1necone survey
    :heartpuls 3 x 1p0ll surveys
    :heartpuls Made families lunches for tomorrow
    :heartpuls Set ds's new pocket money lists up and paid there money for November. - they were missing money this month for slipping in doing what they are meant to do to earn pocket money - they needed that virtual kick up the bum!

I'll be back! Take care all.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Afternoon folks

Thanks to DNMS for starting the thread - glad to hear you're feeling perky :)

Sneaking a post in at work. The normal workday stuff... I put that chilli in the sc this morning so at least I have dinner when I get in.

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Monday Frugalistas,
    I'd like the shape of this week to look something like this:
    *Free fitness carrying on clearing the garden - it hasn't rained (apart from a little drizzle yesterday) for 3 days, so am hoping it won't be quite so squelchy out there & I can continue where I left off.
    *Continue with Christmas preparations, which will definitely include making a baking plan & hopefully making the Christmas cake.
    *Continue getting new budget system straight - this has been taking up a lot of my time after last week's big development, but it is almost there now.
    *Usual zero food waste so fridge/freezer/pantry checking, a really good meal plan for next week as there is a lot which needs using up so it would be foolish to keep buying more, & a sensible grocery shopping list.
    *Continue with current knitting projects - one was gifted yarn & pattern book and the other is a smaller project from my stash.
    *Try to resume survey checking habit - I don't do as many sites as I used to, so no excuses really, not to pop on every couple of days to boost my cash-out balances.
    *Be economical with energy use - our provider reduced our monthly payment last time lower than I'd have chosen it to go. Nice at the time, but it will almost certainly be increased soon & I would like to minimise this by being sensible with heating & hot water use, as well as switching lights off EVERY time they are not in use.
    *Continue keeping all personal admin, esp financial, which there is a lot of, at the moment, up to date & in order. Also plan to write up my 2020 diary this week, as have lots of dates for the new year to go in it already & it won't hurt to get birthdays, etc, in there too, plus Budget Days & numbers of 'grocery shopping weeks' per budget.
    I have various other projects on the go too - leisure & personal interest/hobbies - but none are likely to involve any expenditure at the moment, which is good.
    Wishing everyone a productive week - plenty of time for getting festive stuff sorted - the key part is the master list, isn't it?
    OK, am off to do my DFW diary post, then will go & toast my toes by the fire as Mr F is on leave today & says he's cooking.
    Cheers all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :)
    Thanks for the start DNMS :)
    Busy day today, stocked sales unit including new space I have taken on temporarily
    OH made bacon sarnies for breakfast :D Back to porridge tomorrow though!

Checked banks and updated spending diary / spreadsheet

Blitzed house (OH helped to be fair) ready for his fussy rellies who will be turning up tomorrow. This included sorting out the spare room which was full of sale stuff / kids toys / sale stuff the kids use as toys etc :eek: Now all shoved into the eaves cupboard, except for the lego, which they will have to live with :D
    While I was out I bought one of those horrid plastic chests of drawers to house rest of lego. OH had chucked one out of his shed, which I repurposed for lego, but it wasn't big enough for our enormous quantity of lego. Now the kids hopefully won't need to tip the whole lot out to find the bit that they want :rotfl: Both ugly plastic chests of drawers now pushed into window recess in spare room for now.
    Lunch was sandwiches with stuff from fridge
    Dinner was tubs of frozen mince stuff and (freshly cooked) pasta - OH was more enthusiastic about this than I was, but plenty of parmesan saved the day :)
    Planning food for next few days for visitors.
    Made leek and potato soup for tomorrow's lunch, using HG leeks. Need to blitz, season and add cream.
    Finalised shopping list - we still haven't been :A and have not starved :rotfl:
    Shopping and more cooking (though quick) planned for tomorrow morning before they get here. Foxgloves I envy your baking plan - and would have had one had it not been for babysitting over the weekend :cool: and my brother really blotting his copybook (again) :mad:
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 December 2019 at 2:24PM
    Options
    Morning :D been up since 5.45 :eek: have not been productive in that time! I have ironed some school bits for madam, hung up some washing & got things out of freezer for lunch & dinner :A:rotfl:

Still feeling motivated :D I don't want to speak too soon but I noticed on Friday I was feeling better, a little fragile after the last few months but better. This has continued to today. Fingers crossed I'm on the mend :)

Today:

[STRIKE]* TOMM[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* wash bedding & double spin[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* need to register madam with British gymnastics as she has decided she wants to do this[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* email gymnastics about madam going tonight instead of tomorrow[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* sort out cc statement & pay[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* do some exercise - probably jog or walk
    * finish tracksuit trousers I made myself yesterday. Just need to put cuffs on and finish seams[/STRIKE] :cool:
    * sew in zip to coat & take up trousers for 2 friends/customers
    * book Santa visit and panto
    * do meal plan & shopping list

Ok think that's it for me today. Happy Tuesday :A
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Aww, glad you're starting to notice positive changes, DNMS. Let's hope you have turned the corner now.
    F xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    foxgloves wrote: »
    Aww, glad you're starting to notice positive changes, DNMS. Let's hope you have turned the corner now.
    F xx

Thanks foxgloves, it had to happen at some point. Now just need to start working out what I'm doing with my working life. Although don't want to run before I can walk
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills