Carers alliwance income

I am in the process of applying for the carers allowance.
I currently have a part time job which is paid at £520 a month every month.
Am i entitled to carers allowance?
Thanks

Comments

• Motomoto wrote: »
    I am in the process of applying for the carers allowance.
    I currently have a part time job which is paid at £520 a month every month.
    Am i entitled to carers allowance?
    Thanks

Its net income. Thanks
  • So i could claim over the year £6396 (£123x52)??
    Is this how they will work out my weekly figure seeing as im paid monthly.
    Currently my yearly works out at £6240 total devide by 52 weeks = £120 a week?
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 August 2019 at 12:07PM
    I as always taught multiply weeks by 52.18 and then divide by 12 to get months

So

£123 x 52.18 = £6418/12 = £534.83 per month. If you are paid monthly that's the comparable figure I'd be using

Maybe worth checking with the CA helpline, though.

ETA

CA is £66.15 per week. This is the amount you get if you qualify - for example if you earn less than the £123 per week. You don't "claim" the £123 per week.
  • rds60h
    rds60h Posts: 116 Forumite
    Carer's Allowance is not worth claiming unless you do not work, in which case you will also get your National insurance paid. The reason I say that it is not worth claim for is that the Carer's Allowance is deducted from the DLA of the person you are caring for, so it is not an extra payment but just a movement of the funds from one place to another.
  • rds60h wrote: »
    Carer's Allowance is not worth claiming unless you do not work, in which case you will also get your National insurance paid. The reason I say that it is not worth claim for is that the Carer's Allowance is deducted from the DLA of the person you are caring for, so it is not an extra payment but just a movement of the funds from one place to another.

This is not the case. If the person that you are claiming for is receiving SDP, then they lose that (it's the same amount as CA). However, if they are not eligible for SDP, it does not come out of their DLA/PIP/AA. If you think about it, someone on middle rate care (DLA) receives £58.70 a week. CA is £66.15 a week.....
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 August 2019 at 7:47PM
    rds60h wrote: »

Completely untrue

If do wonder why people can't be bothered to do a reasonable fact find before posting, preferring instead to lazily give inaccurate info which could badly mislead other forumites.

Carers Allowance / SDP is a complicated enough subject to understand, even without such ill-informed claptrap.

BTW. National Insurance credits when caring, are not confined to those claiming CA:

"Carer’s Credit
    Carer’s Credit is a National Insurance credit towards your State Pension while you’re not making any contributions because of your caring role. You might be able to get Carer’s Credit if:
    - you are aged 16 or over
    - you aren’t yet getting State Pension
    - you don’t qualify for Carer’s Allowance
    - you spend at least 20 hours a week caring for someone
    - the person you are looking after receives a benefit because of their illness or disability, for example, Attendance Allowance, Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment. If the person you’re caring for doesn’t get one of these benefits then you might still be able to claim by completing a ‘Care Certificate’."

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/benefits-and-tax-credits-you-can-claim-as-a-carer
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • kazzah
    kazzah Posts: 460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks again to Alice Holt for a proper response
    I can confirm 100% that CARER'S ALLOWANCE is NOT deducted from the DLA of the disabled person.
    My son was in receipt of DLA for over 15 years and his carer has a little job for 12 hours per week as well as her caring duties - in all the time of his claim he lost NO money from his DLA due to her receiving Carers Allowance
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    rds60h wrote: »
    This isn't the first time you've posted completely incorrect advice. See your last comment here. https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75371323#post75371323

I suggest you look before posting such bad advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure