* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• doodygirl
    doodygirl Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi everyone ��, can I join? I am Christmas crazy, just started writing my lists for my two kids, reserved a few items and will start buying presents when my kids go back to school in September.
    Wishing everyone the best of luck for 2020 ☘️
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Welcome to the club DOODYGIRL, we’re a friendly bunch and definitely all mad about Christmas :)

I’m on Instagram but there’s not really any point following me because I only look, I never post anything :D
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Morning everyone, quiet on here.

Went to hobbycraft yesterday, they had started getting their Christmas craft bits out and I went a little mad and bought lots, loads of lovely items. Couldn't wait to get them out when I got home and start playing for my Instagram pics!

Just a couple of rows at the moment, paper craft and Christmas fat squares too they did have those paint your own moneyboxes on half price, lots of different ones about £2-3 each, great stocking fillers.

Have fun, joyfully
    :santa2: Joyfullyfestive all year round. Instagram: @joyfullyfestive :santa2:

We have had a bit of a stressful time Dd has had a virus for about a month now which resulted in her being referred to the hospital eye clinic and then being unable to walk for a week ! I expect her to be discharged from the clinic at tomorrows appointment and thank god shes back on her feet again , apparently the virus made her so weak she was unable to stand .

Hopefully that's all the drama over for a while !

Christmas wise my unexpected time off work to look after Dd did enable me to crack on so now other than the dog and a voucher for hubby I'm done .:j
  • Hi all, hope you're all well. DH is off this week, unfortunately we started it with a 24hr sickness bug but we're better now and have had a few nice days out with the boys. We popped to a garden centre this morning that has The Works in it and I picked up a book for my mum for Christmas, she loves the Tour de France and they had Geraint Thomas's book that I think she'd like to read. It was £3 but I had £1.50 on my Works card so it only cost me £1.50.

Hello and welcome doodygirl! :wave:

freespirit well done on finishing your Christmas shopping! You can relax now. My MiL is really well now thank you for asking, she’s really come a long way. I keep meaning to ask you actually, how is your DD with her back? Is it better now?

sammy he’s a political figure, but not a popular one! I’ve just followed you on Instagram.

Redrobin oh that sounds horrible for your DD, I hope she is on the mend.
  • Opee92
    Opee92 Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hello lovely ladies, I’ve been AWOL for some time now so I’m not expecting anyone to remember me, but I’ve been posting on these threads since, oooh must be, 2011/2012? But the last couple of years I’ve been a reader rather than a contributor. Well here I am August 2nd, sun bursting through my windows and I’m inside watching the Gavin & Stacey Christmas special whilst eating a mince pie 😂 and my first thought was....oh I’ll check in on the Christmas thread 😉

Hoping to be more active on here this year! Looking forward to catching up with all you lovely ladies! 144 days and counting! 🎅🏻🎄
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi all,old and new.

Well,my Mum lives in Whaley Bridge,literally at the side of the broken dam.No evacuation for her as it's up stream iykwim.The news are making a meal of it.The whole town hasn't been evacuated,only people down in the valley where the water would run to.It is interesting to see Mum's and my old house on the telly.

We had a big family meal last night as my son is up from Oxford with new GF who is lovely btw.DD2 also brought her new BF. Mr V was on the telly after taking Mum home,driving behind someone talking live,exciting times for us in the sticks.

We are going to Oxford next week so will be on the lookout for bits for Christmas.

Vx
     :
  • sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,655 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    doodygirl wrote: »
    Hi everyone ��, can I join? I am Christmas crazy, just started writing my lists for my two kids, reserved a few items and will start buying presents when my kids go back to school in September.

Welcome to the boards! Always nice to have some newbies to share the christmas madness with. How old are your LOs? Mine are now 15 and 9 so christmas has started to turn from toys to technology but I am hoping to get my daughter a bike this year and teach her how to ride it so she can be out and more active. Thats the plan anyway! :eek:
    Hi all, hope you're all well. DH is off this week, unfortunately we started it with a 24hr sickness bug but we're better now and have had a few nice days out with the boys. We popped to a garden centre this morning that has The Works in it and I picked up a book for my mum for Christmas, she loves the Tour de France and they had Geraint Thomas's book that I think she'd like to read. It was £3 but I had £1.50 on my Works card so it only cost me £1.50.

sammy he’s a political figure, but not a popular one! I’ve just followed you on Instagram.

Thanks lovely. Whats your IG handle and I will follow back. I am glad to hear your DH is feeling better. I always forget to look in the works for christmas bits - I find they have some great things for the elves to bring and for my daughters christmas eve box
    Opee92 wrote: »
    Hello lovely ladies, I’ve been AWOL for some time now so I’m not expecting anyone to remember me, but I’ve been posting on these threads since, oooh must be, 2011/2012? But the last couple of years I’ve been a reader rather than a contributor. 🎄

Welcome back Opee --- I remember you :-) x

REDREDROBIN Im glad your daughter is on the mend. Must of been very scary.

VULPIX I am glad your mum and her house are ok.

FREE - well done finishing your christmas shopping.

Good morning all

Well its school holidays here so I have been busy with my daughter and son so havent been online much.

We have been blackberry picking which is how I know we are really getting into fall now so yeasterday we made jam and a cake as well as walking the dog and today we will go out for a walk and run some errands as well and maybe even a little more blackberry picking. I have an empty shelf in the freezer so I would like to get a load in ready for the coming winter months to add to crumbles and maybe even so some more jam at a later date.
    My mother in law seems to have an abundance of strawberries to so hopefully if they are still growing I can add them as well.
    I wish I knew someone with an apple tree so I could fill the freezer with them too! I love all the winter prep :)

Before long I will start heat proofing the house and making it winter cosy. Our heatwave seems to have ended now and and the rain returned this morning so it looks like our winter weather is on the way although we are still about 19 / 20 degrees.

Christmas wise - I admit I havent done much. Holly has started to drop a few hints about what she would like for Christmas but nothing major and Ben has asked for a bike - little does he know we have already gotten him one. DH workmate was selling her £500 mountain bike and only wanted £100 for it from us as DH is her boss / friend, so we will be having that for Ben partially as a chrismtas present and partially as a well done as hes pulled all his grades up and trying hard in school after a horrible year for him (his best mate was diagnosed with leukaemia, then two weeks later his grandad was diagnosed with bowel cancer and then his dog died) but his best friend is now classed as in remission and has finished chemo, his grandad had surgery and is having chemo but is home and back to work already - and for his birthday we got him a puppy (whippet x lurcher) named Angus who hasnt replaced his Bruno but sure has helped heal a little spot and has been getting Ben out of his room more and into the fresh air.

No hints from husband yet but fingers crossed he will say something before long otherwise I will be well and truly stuck. He never says anything until the last minute although he brought a refurbished go pro this year so I might get him something to go with that.

Apart from that , wishing for a lottery win and making lists :-) Also looking to use Wish for a few presents after ordering my daughter a dream catcher and it turned up and is lovely so might get a few cheap stocking stuffers from there.
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    April step goal ~ 25,021 of 130,000 steps complete so far
  • doodygirl
    doodygirl Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Welcome to the boards! Always nice to have some newbies to share the christmas madness with. How old are your LOs? Mine are now 15 and 9 so christmas has started to turn from toys to technology but I am hoping to get my daughter a bike this year and teach her how to ride it so she can be out and more active. Thats the plan anyway! :eek:

Hi, I have a 7 (8 in November) year old son & a 6 year old daughter. My daughter is very much into lol surprise, hatchimals & sylvavian families so finding things for her is easy, my son on the other hand acts older than he is and doesn’t really play with his toys etc he’s more into his computer, nerf guns etc.

I normally get most of my big bulk in the September argos 3 for 2 and hope to be finished by November
    Wishing everyone the best of luck for 2020 ☘️
  • Hello all, just popping in to let you all know that as well as Hobbycraft having their Christmas crafting stuff out (I have bought way too much!). I have also seen that Poundland and the Works have got some stuff out too, got a few bits in Poundland, some papers and ribbons, really nice and cheap too.

Hope everyone is feeling suitably christmassy - 20 weeks today!

JF
    :santa2: Joyfullyfestive all year round. Instagram: @joyfullyfestive :santa2:

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards