IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Tesco ticket-disabled father

My 88yr old father parked in Tesco's car park today in his specially adapted disabled vehicle, which carries a wheel chair in the back with the disabled person sat in it - so it is clearly a disabled persons vehicle.

He parked in a disabled spot and forgot to put his disabled badge in the windscreen.

You guessed it when he came back there was a parking ticket on his windscreen from a PPC asking for £60 fine within 28 days then it goes up to £100!

Well he is 88yrs old and is panicking like mad..what should he do ignore it, appeal, pay or what?

From what I can gather writing to the PPC is a waste of time as they are only money grabbing.

Whats this Protections of Freedoms Act 12? does that mean that if he ignores any correspondence from them as to who left the vehicle there they can just claim of the registered owner (my dad)?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport