Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Comments

• nigelpm
    nigelpm Posts: 433 Forumite
    Rotax47 wrote: »
    Am I the only one??

I had no problems claiming from Thomson. I had no paperwork from the flight (boarding passes etc), nor did I fill in any claim forms!! I did post this in another thread on 29th Dec 12:

"Our TUI Thomson flight was delayed in July 2010 from Paphos, Cyprus to Manchester (3 people in party).

We arrived in plenty of time at the airport for a 2PM flight, and were in a very large queue. As we got towards the front, we were told that the plane was now full and asked for all remaining passengers to congregate outside. We were then told that the plane sent for the flight home was smaller than needed, with approx 100 passengers not boarding. We were taken straight to a hotel for something to eat and told to await further instructions. At around 8PM we were taken back to the airport and told we could all fit on their 11PM flight to Gatwick, and that they would then ferry us all back to Manchester via coaches. We boarded the Gatwick flight, which was almost empty and realised why they had done this; cheaper to fill two small planes! We finally arrived back in Manchester around 8AM, which was approx 12 hours of delay.

I sent a letter to customer services on 6th November 2012 (2 1/2 years after the event). I had no booking references or tickets etc, just stated the dates and details etc. I gave them two weeks to respond, which they did not stick to.

I received a telephone call from them on Friday 21st December from customer services who appologised for the delay in responding, but agreed that they would compensate us for the delay at €400 each. total €1200, and at that days exchange rate worked out to around £980. She said I would receive a cheque within 28 days!

We have been flying with Thomson for years, flight only as we sort out our own accomodation, and considering this was the first major delay that we have suffered, and will be quite generously compensated, we will continue to fly with them. They also put us up for a week in a 5 star hotel, during the volcano cloud dust earlier the same year, when we were stuck in Lanzarotte. Again we were on a flight only basis and were treated like Royalty!

Thumbs up for TUI Thomson!

Ian
    "

Well I received a cheque for the full amount, made payable in £ Sterling, on 11th January 13.
    Maybe it is because of the sudden increase in claims that they are starting to ask for more proof?

Good luck with your claims.

Ian

Well done. Let's hope others have similar luck.
  • Hi, can anyone help me. Am wondering if im able to claim for a flight i took with Thomson back in September 2006 from Manchester to Malaga. I was delayed almost 9 hours, just stuck at Manchester airport by myself. The delay caused a lot of problems when i finally got to Malaga. I did complain back in 2006 but i just got fobbed off by them and i left it. I dont have any tickets etc as it was over 6 years ago but i do have the boarding pass funnily enough which states flight no, my name, date, and departure time. Can anyone tell me what i should do first? Thanks in advance.
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    fastdaz wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone help me. Am wondering if im able to claim for a flight i took with Thomson back in September 2006 from Manchester to Malaga. I was delayed almost 9 hours, just stuck at Manchester airport by myself. The delay caused a lot of problems when i finally got to Malaga. I did complain back in 2006 but i just got fobbed off by them and i left it. I dont have any tickets etc as it was over 6 years ago but i do have the boarding pass funnily enough which states flight no, my name, date, and departure time. Can anyone tell me what i should do first? Thanks in advance.

Read the post 6 posts above yours, concentrate on the bit in the largest text.
  • Am I the only one that has boarding pass stubbs???

10 hour delay on TOMO30 flying to Montego Bay feb 15th 2011, Luckily my wife keeps everything as souviners including the receipt for seating arrangements, Letter gone off today and I am willing to go as far as court with this.
  • nigelpm
    nigelpm Posts: 433 Forumite
    hammyloz wrote: »
    Am I the only one that has boarding pass stubbs???

10 hour delay on TOMO30 flying to Montego Bay feb 15th 2011, Luckily my wife keeps everything as souviners including the receipt for seating arrangements, Letter gone off today and I am willing to go as far as court with this.

Probably. to be honest it shouldn't matter. They are only asking for everything to put people off from submitting the form - it's bound to be effective in doing this. A good strategy on their part.
  • Delayed for 26 hours on flight from Mytilene to Manchester that should have left at 1.30pm on 8th September 2010. Anyone have flight number or further details? About to claim.

Cheers!
  • Camaro3
    Camaro3 Posts: 96 Forumite
    Register with Flight Stats website, you will be able to input date & airport to find flight number.
  • I wrote to Thomson 2 weeks ago asking for claim form. I sent letter by recorded delivery but post office can't verify it was delivered. Can anyone supply the address for a claim form from them. I wrote to

After Travel Customer Support
    Thomson Holidays
    Wigmore House
    Wigmore Lane
    Luton
    LU2 9TN

Is this the correct address and is straightforward first class post the best method.

• Dear all

I posted on the main forum but just to let you know that I was due to go to court last Thursday and Thomson agreed to settle out of court for a delay from 2010. Thomson agreed 400 euros each (2 of us) and court costs. My ex-husband is a barrister and he did the claim for me and I am happy to email anyone a copy (it quite lengthy).

This was despite Thomson saying it was 'extraordinary' circumstances (it wasn't) and lying over the distance from Manchester to Palma (to try and get the lower amount). My case was put on hold in 2010 but I didn't give up!

Kerrie :beer:
  • crisscross wrote: »
    I wrote to Thomson 2 weeks ago asking for claim form. I sent letter by recorded delivery but post office can't verify it was delivered. Can anyone supply the address for a claim form from them. I wrote to

After Travel Customer Support
    Thomson Holidays
    Wigmore House
    Wigmore Lane
    Luton
    LU2 9TN

Is this the correct address and is straightforward first class post the best method.

The address to use was quoted on this forum, just 8 posts before your question...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback