Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Comments

• Now I have my system in place I can start recording readings.

Alternate sunshine and showers yesterday but reached 3.75 O's by the end of the day.
  • mmmmikey
    mmmmikey Posts: 1,634 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all - quick favour to ask if I may as I don't have enough data of my own yet.....

Could you let me know how your generation this February compared (in % terms or using whatever numbers you've got) with last February (& ideally the year before)?

I don't want to make any false assumptions based on this years generation during an unseasonally warm (but not necessarily sunny????) February.

Thanks, Mike
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    mmmmikey wrote: »
    Could you let me know how your generation this February compared (in % terms or using whatever numbers you've got) with last February (& ideally the year before)?

Thanks, Mike

Hi Mike. My target for Feb is off PVGIS, and although I have some shading, I use the 'whole' number as my reference point, I don't use a lower target.

Year - Feb - whole year %

2015 - 107% - 106%
    2016 - 117% - 102%
    2017 - 74% - 99%
    2018 - 142% - 104%
    2019 - 129%
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    mmmmikey wrote: »

Taking this year as 100% I get:

2018: 104%
    2017: 55%
    2016: 71%
    2015: 65%
    2014: 74%
    2013: 63%
    2012: 85%

So 2019 was the second best February.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Would it be roughly correct if the time had been set (by default) to midnight at the moment of its commissioning? That would be indicative of the electrician forgetting to set the clock - unless, of course, you misread it and it was really 39 Watt hours :)

Don't you have the generation meter fitted as well i.e. the one the meter reader is going to look at? The reading at this time tomorrow minus the reading now will give tomorrow's total.

I found the clock setting and it's correct. I don't think I misread the generation figures, but I'll put it down to being too early in the morning for the brain to be working.

2.6 O yesterday. Only 0.22 so far today, but it has been thick cloud all day.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Zarch
    Zarch Posts: 393 Forumite
    Best day of the year so far with 3.89 O for 152% of daily PVGIS. :j
    17 x 300W panels (5.1kW) on a 3.68kW SolarEdge system in Sunny Sheffield.
    12kW Pylontech battery storage system with Lux AC controller
    Creator of the Energy Stats UK website and @energystatsuk Twitter Feed
  • Coastalwatch
    Coastalwatch Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    Zarch wrote: »
    Best day of the year so far with 3.89 O for 152% of daily PVGIS. :j
    That's obscene! 1.13 O's here today.;)
    East coast, lat 51.97. 8.26kw SSE, 23° pitch + 0.59kw WSW vertical. Nissan Leaf plus Zappi charger and 2 x ASHP's. Givenergy 8.2 & 9.5 kWh batts, 2 x 3 kW ac inverters. Indra V2H . CoCharger Host, Interest in Ripple Energy & Abundance.
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,547 Forumite
    Not up to yesterdays total but still 2.175 O's here today:D
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I found the clock setting and it's correct. I don't think I misread the generation figures, but I'll put it down to being too early in the morning for the brain to be working.
    2.6 O yesterday. Only 0.22 so far today, but it has been thick cloud all day.
    Suggest that you speak with your installer with regards to the anomaly your experiencing with night time generation. ;)
    That's obscene! 1.13 O's here today.;)
    Another, but not quite the obscene result for me..3.48 O's..:rotfl::)...coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • mmmmikey
    mmmmikey Posts: 1,634 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for responses to earlier post re: Feb generation - helps me plan water heating / battery charging :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback