Weird Event happened should I do anything about it

Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    pop37 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, you have put my mind at rest. Its annoying our tip staff are not allowed to help. They just pick through what people throw and reuse what they want. Its something to do with health and safety.

Its probably not what they are employed to do. If you can get it in your car, you can get it out. (and if someone helped you get it in then they should be in the car with you...)
  • Comms69 wrote: »
    Depends on the area, certainly in my neck of the woods they are more than happy to help out.

I know at our tip you're most likely to get help if you're female, attractive and between the ages of 18 and 35

:rotfl:

I fail on all 3 requirements
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Was also going to suggest a dead body lol!

I wonder too if it's something to do with dumping something that shouldn't be dumped. Or evidence. Maybe by you doing it, if it was on CCTV, they could claim it wasn't them. Or maybe I've just read too many thrillers...
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • marliepanda
    hazyjo wrote: »
    Was also going to suggest a dead body lol!

I wonder too if it's something to do with dumping something that shouldn't be dumped. Or evidence. Maybe by you doing it, if it was on CCTV, they could claim it wasn't them. Or maybe I've just read too many thrillers...

If there was CCTV it would clearly show who was in what car, and what item came from each car.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    pop37 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, you have put my mind at rest. Its annoying our tip staff are not allowed to help. They just pick through what people throw and reuse what they want. Its something to do with health and safety.

It will be the same as bin men are not allowed to touch the rubbish in case there is something in it that could harm them e'g dirty needle, broken glass.

At the tip an item could be heavy and they damage themselves lifting it.

All comes under Health and Safety- the employer has to make sure the working practice is safe for the employees.

Some employees may be willing to assess the situation and consider helping if the feel there is no danger to them.
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    If there was CCTV it would clearly show who was in what car, and what item came from each car.
    Would it be the car though that got fined? If they could prove they weren't the one disposing of the rubbish? I'm prob just overthinking it looking for explanations!
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • marliepanda
    hazyjo wrote: »
    Would it be the car though that got fined? If they could prove they weren't the one disposing of the rubbish? I'm prob just overthinking it looking for explanations!

There is no explanation for it other than a man who has mobility issues asking for a hand (who looks exactly the same disabledness as her friend who can’t drive and revved his engine!)
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,658 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    It could be a manipulative type who enjoys getting other people to do work for them. And quilts -- what state were they in if they were being dumped?
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Sounds like he just wrongly assumed you worked there.
    +1 to this.
    You're over-thinking this.
  • Seanymph
    Seanymph Posts: 2,873 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Oh, I hate these posts - because I am alone.

If you thought it was wrong, it may have been wrong. If it would give you peace of mind to let someone know then do that. If they then ignore it, or decide to not follow it up at least you know you have reacted.

I didn't on two occasions that I wish I had because I talked myself out of it - but wish now I'd done something. We tend to regret what we don't do rather than what we do .............. so, put your mind at rest and let someone know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure