Service Monkey {text removed by MSE Forum Team}?

Options

Comments

• Toni9395
    Options
    I too have had my mother been taken for a ride by this company, despite, sending them, power of attorney, telling them of her lack of mental capability, with dementia, the promise of a refund of £199. I am still waiting and don't hold out much hope, the also sent her further mail, begging her not to leave dispite me asking for them to have no further contact, as it distresses her. And funny how they take your debit card and are supposed to refund by cheque. Horrible company just full of excuses.
  • psandbergnz
    psandbergnz Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 20 February 2019 at 10:58AM
    Options
    I also had a problem with this company. Service Monkey. They tried to withdraw money (total of £439) from my bank account, using the details of my Debit card, but WITHOUT my authorisation.

I am very happy that my bank declined their attempt to defraud me, and I got the evidence for Serice Monkey's failed attempts (two). My bank advised me to cancel my Debit Card, which I did, to prevent their employees from re-using my Card details, in case they try to. Following my complaint, Service Monkey's Customer manager, {Edited by Forum Team}, told me that she is investigating the matter, but I will not let this serious breach of professional ethics be swept under the carpet. I will probablu inform Trading Standards UK in the hope that their intervention would be in the public interest.
  • Elimatt
    Elimatt Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Today we had this company call us, then tried to take money from our account but failed
  • Bizzybrig
    Options
    Hi,

New to the forum, but just had a really disturbing experience with a Service Monkey employee that echoes what's been posted.

I received a call this afternoon, asking for my husband (who was not available). I was then told that he'd taken out a policy for our washing machine, and that the payment was overdue. I knew that he had asked for a quote, but we never agreed to a plan, because I remember it was extraordinarily expensive.

The phone representative insisted that he'd taken out a policy, provided card details (which they claimed were incorrect) and that the payment was overdue. They also said they had sent letters asking for payment - which I confirmed we had never received.

I asked if there was any evidence of a contract being signed, and asked them to email a copy of the contract to both of us. The rep said they didn't have email address on file, and that it was a verbal agreement & all their calls were recorded. I asked for a copy of the recording, and after quite a while on hold, I was told they could not provide this.

I then asked what details they had on file, other than our home telephone number. The home address the rep gave was not ours, and I conveyed this. At this point, the rep was insistent that I provide our address and updated card details, as the ones on file were out of date and declined. I of course refused, stating that I'd be happy to review the terms of any agreement, if they could provide proof that one existed. At this point they stated they were terminating the call.

The person was pushy and insistent, and it really bothers me as they were trying to be quite bullish and convincing - even though they couldn't provide proof of anything & even had incorrect details for us. If a vulnerable person was put in this situation, I could easily see it turning out differently - so please be aware and vigilant with your personal data.
  • G.Kor
    G.Kor Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Good Afternoon. My father has been scammed by this company for £199.00 Service contract for TV. He has dementia. They have taken money from a Barclaycard. Service Monkey tell me this has never happened before. I see that it has.
    I would like to hear from anyone who has been scammed by this Company as I believe we must prevent them from continuing. Please help. They refuse to refund as they say we are out of time however we have not received contract.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    G.Kor wrote: »
    Good Afternoon. My father has been scammed by this company for £199.00 Service contract for TV. He has dementia. They have taken money from a Barclaycard. Service Monkey tell me this has never happened before. I see that it has.
    I would like to hear from anyone who has been scammed by this Company as I believe we must prevent them from continuing. Please help. They refuse to refund as they say we are out of time however we have not received contract.

Contact your bank - if you used a credit card or debit card they should be able to help you get your money back.
  • G.Kor
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. I have reported this Company to Action Fraud, Trading Standards, Police and Companies House. I have initiated a section 75 and so it would seem that Barclaycard will pay the price. My aim is to stop this Company defrauding elderly and vulnerable people. I will not cease in this aim. They use diversionary tactics to put you off the claim and when telephoning then this evening , apparently their emergency number only operates between the hours of nine and six. Let us all hope no one needs help outside these hours.
  • G.Kor
    Options
    Further to this thread re Service Monkey taking money without consent, I have reported them to Trading Standards and Action Fraud who are investigating. Please record your experience with them, it is easy and they must be stopped. You can do it online or phone 03001232040. The more evidence the more likely we can prevent them conning anyone else. Thank you.
  • G.Kor
    Options
    Please report this to Action Fraud. You can do this online it is easy. you can telephone 0300 1232040 they have taken it up. I have also informed Trading Standards who are investigating. We need to act to stop them. Thanks
  • G.Kor
    Options
    I now have a full refund. I have spent three days fighting with this Company. I am assured that anyone who emails jasmine.hepworth@servicemonkey.co.uk directly will gain her full attention. Please follow this up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure