MSE News: Energy firm Iresa ceases trading - here's what it means for customers

Comments

• SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Managed to Log on. The reading I submitted yesterday dated 31 July they have input as 4th August - not happy means I will end up paying for more at their higher rates and disagrees with iresa figures
  • t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I just put my email address in and hit the forgot password button, they sent a link to make a new password.
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Site says I do NOT have a direct debit in place and should set one up !? Surely they have 'taken over' existing details ????
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    SuiDreams wrote: »
    Managed to Log on. The reading I submitted yesterday dated 31 July they have input as 4th August - not happy means I will end up paying for more at their higher rates and disagrees with iresa figures

Hmmm. Surely them dating the reading later means more of your energy is allocated to the IRESA tariff, so it will be actually cheaper than if they dated it earlier?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 August 2018 at 10:58AM
    castle96 wrote: »
    Site says I do NOT have a direct debit in place and should set one up !? Surely they have 'taken over' existing details ????
    I don't think that they can just "take over" a DD set up to another Company, they will have to set up a new mandate - I've cancelled ,mine anyway , as I'll just settle up with Octopus with a one off card payment when I switch away asap after 21st August (hopefully) Certainly don't want a DD with them!I'm keeping my beady eye on the current account to make sure that they don't set one up either!
  • johnpr98
    johnpr98 Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 August 2018 at 11:16AM
    It looks like Octopus need 21 days to take over the Iresa accounts, then a switch to another company will take another 21 days! I was hoping that the switch would have happened quicker than that but even 42 days looks optimistic now as the sheer volume of movers will add extra drag to the process:(

I don't want to set up another short term DD either, just pay up on the final read.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,853 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    SuiDreams wrote: »
    My daughter submitted her readings today for 1st and it has dated it 4th, mine submitted the day of the e-mail has correctly dated 1st.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just checking the Iresa site this morning, I've noticed an addition to the meter reads for the 1st August listed as "withdrawn" -not sure if that means the deemed reading they inserted is effectively cancelled ,so they are back to working off the last customer read I put on. Would simplify as that reading I also gave to Octopus.
    They are also inviting me to apply for a new contract from 6th August!! Don't know what that is all about !!
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Just checking the Iresa site this morning, I've noticed an addition to the meter reads for the 1st August listed as "withdrawn" -not sure if that means the deemed reading they inserted is effectively cancelled ,so they are back to working off the last customer read I put on. Would simplify as that reading I also gave to Octopus.
    They are also inviting me to apply for a new contract from 6th August!! Don't know what that is all about !!

I've just seen the same thing. Curious. I created an Octopus account and I see that they have stored the electricity reading I gave them on 5th Aug but they're not showing my Gas reading yet, although for both they say "You have recently submitted a meter reading". Just work in progress I guess.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    JohnB47 wrote: »
    I've just seen the same thing. Curious. I created an Octopus account and I see that they have stored the electricity reading I gave them on 5th Aug but they're not showing my Gas reading yet, although for both they say "You have recently submitted a meter reading". Just work in progress I guess.

Mine is exactly the same: early days yet
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family