Obscene price increase from Scottish Power

13»

Comments

• jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    jmatt81 wrote: »
    The current fix I am on with SP (Beat Cancer Jan 19 v2) is very cheap compared to what's out there at the moment. I will need to switch nearer the time but, as I am eligible for the Warm Home Discount, and many of the cheaper/smaller suppliers do not do this, I will need to wait for this to be applied to my account first. Last year in happened mid-November.

I hope you get a benefits based WHD then Matt. My mother stayed with SSE for two years hoping for an income based one which she never got.
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Have you looked at the MoneySavingExpert Cheap Energy Club :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • jmatt81
    jmatt81 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    jk0 wrote: »
    I hope you get a benefits based WHD then Matt. My mother stayed with SSE for two years hoping for an income based one which she never got.

Hi, yes I do. Disability based.
  • Just a little update. I swapped to Bulb which has gone without a hitch. No contact needed with a person, all done online and took the promised 3 weeks.

Today I got my final bill from Scottish Power so checked to see if their offers had changed.

Yes they have. They are now even more expensive!

Before to stay with them, moving from current deal to new best deal. I was looking at

Day time: 40% increase
    Night time: 27% increase

Today their best deal is

Day time: 70% increase
    night time: 61% increase.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts