Mummytogirls - taking the scenic route

Evening Diary,

Well there seems to be so many diaries being deleted at the moment I have decided to start a new one to try and preserve my history on here.

My first diary can be found here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2311479&page=265

So I started in March 2010 and it hasn't always been an easy route but weve managed to pay off quite a bit of our debt and we stand at £6069.37 today. We probably could have paid the debt off my now but we are enjoying our life (taking the scenic route) with our two girls (now aged 11 and 9). They are growing up too fast before my eyes, wish time would slow down a bit.

So feel free to join my ramblings... usually about my MSE ways, what I eat and the all important pegging out in the summer :rotfl:.

Mummytogirls xx
Mummytogirls x

Comments

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Here's my entry from earlier tonight:

Evening Diary,

Had about 3 minutes sleep last night with the high winds again , felt shattered at work this afternoon, came home and talked myself out of the gym, ate 3 maryland cookies and then changed my class to an earlier one . Glad I went in the end.

Thanks HHOD, Pennywise, PLMBL, ES and SA for your kind comments . We go in August. The kids are going to love just being able to eat whatever they want and I reckon I need to lose 2 stones just to put 1 back on . When we went to Majorca the other year we were half board and still spent €1000! Last couple of years weve gone to France self catering and hardly spent anything so fingers crossed for low spends!

Food:
    Breakfast - porridge with nutella and banana
    Lunch - nannas magic soup, wholemeal roll, grapes and yoghurt
    Tea - Hassleback chicken with pesto, basil, tomato and mozzarella, roasted new potatoes and peas
    Snacks - quavers and 4 cookies
    Gym - spinning

Positives:
    * went to the gym even though I didn't want to!
    * NSD12/12

So I will set my NSD's for February for 8 as DD has a couple of competitions, its half term and theres less days!

Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Happy shiny new diary xx
  • Happy new diary :beer: Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mummytogirls
    Forumite
    Thank you PMO2 and PLMBL, id preferably have everything in 1 place but hey ho xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Happy new diary, probably a sensible approach.
  • Good to have a back up plan/diary MTG.

Well done on going to the gym even though you didn't feel like it. I made myself go for a walk todayvand felt much better afterwards :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,817
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Happy shiny new diary :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,446
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Ambassador
    Good idea to start a new one MTG but goodness only knows why you should have to. 12 NSDs for January is great.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Happy new diary, I think I may do the same. xx
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • mummytogirls
    Forumite
    Evening Diary,

Thank you to all my lovely MSE friends for your posts :D:money:.

Had a lovely sleep last night after the previous nights 3 minutes!!! I feel like tonight will be a good sleep too, I'm already in bed with my laptop!!! Never usually do this.

Had a busy day with the usuals and then called into Mr T's on the way to swimming for milk. Spent £7.28 on milk for home and work, belvita biscuits and some donuts for the kids. DD2 had a rough day at school so she appreciated the treat.

Food:
    Breakfast - porridge with nutella and banana
    Lunch - nannas magic soup, wholemeal roll, grapes and yoghurt
    Tea - slow cooked fahitas with cheese and sour cream
    Snacks - kitkat and quavers
    Gym - body pump

Positives today:
    * 1 more day until DH gets paid
    * felt proud in the gym when I could see noticeable definition in my arms from the weights!!!

Think thats about all xx
    Mummytogirls x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport