Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• Ivrytwr3
    Ivrytwr3 Posts: 6,278
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Got:
    50% for 12 months
    New Sky+HD box with free delivery and fitting.

Inlaws are upgrading from failing white sky box and were initially told 40%, engineer inspection of box and then had to pay fees for box and installation - so went through cancellation process.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    Yes and then called everyday to see what deals they can give me, they are time specific so a deal one day may not be the same tomorrow.

Unless things have changed the deals don't change every day. I was once told what day it was. BT have a fixed deal changing day, as I know someone who worked in their call centre, at the time they were trying to increase the amount of UK based CS.
  • HATTERS81
    HATTERS81 Posts: 11
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi, my deal is ending soon and I'm wondering about upgrading to SkyQ. I have recently bought a UHD/4K TV, can you watch UHD/4K through normal sky HD or do you need to have SkyQ? Was offered Sky 1TB box + mini box for £12 extra a month with £70 installation for both boxes, I guess this is the standard offer? Can it be bettered? I currently pay £32 per month for everything in HD so my total would be £44 a month on an 18 month contract. Thanks
  • teddysmum
    Forumite
    HATTERS81 wrote: »
    Hi, my deal is ending soon and I'm wondering about upgrading to SkyQ. I have recently bought a UHD/4K TV, can you watch UHD/4K through normal sky HD or do you need to have SkyQ? Was offered Sky 1TB box + mini box for £12 extra a month with £70 installation for both boxes, I guess this is the standard offer? Can it be bettered? I currently pay £32 per month for everything in HD so my total would be £44 a month on an 18 month contract. Thanks
    Beware that changing your package can lead to the current offer being stopped.
  • teddysmum
    Forumite
    It look as though Sky are adding loyalty bonuses at the end of your minimum term.

I notice that my first tv only payment after 12 months will have a 10% discount.....No chance of retaining me for that after having 75% off with £100 credit, but as I've mentioned elsewhere, it looks as though bundles now include fibre with landline or mobile,neither of which I can take, so cancelling tv for a better offer may be a thing of the past, if you don't wish to combine.
  • Mastanlem
    Mastanlem Posts: 42
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    This payment is probably a rounding up one and not a discount, next month will show the full price.
    Which is what I can see on my account as my discount is ending in Nov.
  • Ultimatum
    Ultimatum Posts: 12
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I have signed up to Sky Q today, I have the full package including the multiscreen for £52pm. It should have been £97, what a bargain.

Top tip, if you're still a Sky+HD customer, haggle the 50% off deal (or 60% if you're that lucky). Let that kick in, sign up to the Sky Q deal, which is only £12 extra.

My Sky+HD was £40pm (full package, plus box in another room)...

When I asked about Sky Q when I had cancelled I only got offered 10% off and that was the absolute best they could do.

BT is next on my list in November :)
  • Alpha_5
    Alpha_5 Posts: 136
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Called up today as my 12 month Sky Q deal ends next month.
    I was immediately offered 50% discount, which took me by surprise given the experience others have detailed here. I pushed for more and then asked for a one-off credit, but didn't have any luck with either. I'd decided before calling that I'd settle for a minimum of 50% discount, so accepted on another 12 month minimum term.
    There was no mention of the £10 retention fee, and on checking my future bills online I can see the fee has been charged and a £10 credit added.
    I probably accepted too early, but given others here have had the offers reduced during the notice period, I decided to grab 50% while I could.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    teddysmum wrote: »
    Unless things have changed the deals don't change every day. I was once told what day it was. BT have a fixed deal changing day, as I know someone who worked in their call centre, at the time they were trying to increase the amount of UK based CS.

I had the 60% offer one day and the next day only 40% it changes I suppose on call handler perhaps
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • sajidb
    sajidb Posts: 10
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    offered the deal below:
    box sets £19
    sky cinema £4.25
    sky sports complete pack £13.75
    sky sports hd pack £3
    sky go extra free

total £40