Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• maghater
    maghater Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    bennmark0 wrote: »
    I was offered a voucher back in march,i returned it and asked it to be exchanged for a cheque as I had no use for it,i have heard nothing back from them,so I have started action with the mcol and they have told the court they intend to defend all the claim,they have also changed the defendants details to tc airlines and a different address,which according to some posts is an unmanned office,now asking the court to amend claim to there head office in Peterborough.so good luck
    DO you still have any paperwork connected to the vouchers, if so the fact that they were prepared to send you a stash of vouchers is near as makes no odds an admission of guilt
  • maghater
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    Has the CAA been in touch with you directly? I am afraid that it raises again serious questions about on whose side the regulator really is on this issue. I fear it is not the passengers'.

I look forward to the CAA "declining" a case, and then the passenger going on to win in court. When this happens I hope that funny women on Watchdog hauls the hopeless CAA fellow over the coals (figuratively, of course).
    Heard nothing from CAA but as we were delayed in Spain wrote to AESA, who found in my favour. Outbound flight was damaged either in fuelling or starting the engines by a" third party" Cannot see how that is covered by ecs , but if they are prepared to argue that is the case, I am prepared to argue that they should compensate me under article 13, and then claim the money back for themselves
  • baldyposty
    Options
    I sent a letter on 2nd april and hadn't heard anything after 7 weeks but I then saw the post from bevs68 # 1842, so I joined the thomas cook forum.I was informed that an email and voucher had been sent on 5th may which I told them I hadn't received.Later that day I got a phone call from a very helpful lady called lynsey and she sent an email and voucher through while I spoke to her.I declined the voucher and requested a cheque which arrived saturday just over a week after the call and was banked today.

Flight details TCX244 Manchester to Holguin 29th august 2012.

We had a good experience with thomas cook many others dont but hopefully anyone else on our flight should have a painless claim

Thanks to everyone on the forum :D
  • bennmark0
    bennmark0 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    maghater wrote: »
    DO you still have any paperwork connected to the vouchers, if so the fact that they were prepared to send you a stash of vouchers is near as makes no odds an admission of guilt
    indeed I do,on tc headed paper where they state,in line with our obligation under regulation 261 please accept this voucher for £2726.26 bla bla bla so I would like to see how they can defend non payment,i have sent them a copy just to remind them
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    indeed I do,on tc headed paper where they state,in line with our obligation under regulation 261 please accept this voucher for £2726.26 bla bla bla so I would like to see how they can defend non payment,i have sent them a copy just to remind them

They are banged to rights! Make sure you claim 8% interest now for the sheer bloody inconvenience that their stupidity has engendered.
  • bennmark0
    Options
    baldyposty wrote: »
    I sent a letter on 2nd april and hadn't heard anything after 7 weeks but I then saw the post from bevs68 # 1842, so I joined the thomas cook forum.I was informed that an email and voucher had been sent on 5th may which I told them I hadn't received.Later that day I got a phone call from a very helpful lady called lynsey and she sent an email and voucher through while I spoke to her.I declined the voucher and requested a cheque which arrived saturday just over a week after the call and was banked today.

Flight details TCX244 Manchester to Holguin 29th august 2012.

We had a good experience with thomas cook many others dont but hopefully anyone else on our flight should have a painless claim

Thanks to everyone on the forum :D
    hi I was on the delayed return flight on that date from Holguin tcx 245,i too put in a claim was offered a voucher which I declined,since then I have heard nothing so I am now in the process of going through the mcol,they now say they are going to defend the claim.
    may I ask for your help if it gets to court,would you give me a statement explaining the events of your claim,it may help my defence
  • bennmark0
    Options
    just a quick update,i have at last managed to speak to somebody at TC who deals with flight delays,they have told me a few months ago the customer relations office was closed down and it appears my claim was given a new case number,so it seems my returned voucher and everything else is lost in limbo land.
    an urgent message has been sent to the accounts office to issue a cheque to me,told her as i'm a little sceptic with whatever they tell me now that I will not stop court action until cheque has cleared,and i'm expecting them to cover the court fees,so people bear that in mind if your claim has been going on for several months it maybe worth a phone call
  • bennmark0
    Options
    just a quick update,i have at last managed to speak to somebody at TC who deals with flight delays,they have told me a few months ago the customer relations office was closed down and it appears my claim was given a new case number,so it seems my returned voucher and everything else is lost in limbo land.
    an urgent message has been sent to the accounts office to issue a cheque to me,told her as i'm a little sceptic with whatever they tell me now that I will not stop court action until cheque has cleared,and i'm expecting them to cover the court fees,so people bear that in mind if your claim has been going on for several months it maybe worth a phone call
    further update have just spoken to the litigation dept. and given them the new reference number and surprise surprise they will pay my court costs and have taken my contact details to keep me informed of the progress, not holding my breath but things maybe looking up, will keep you all posted
  • maghater
    Options
    further update have just spoken to the litigation dept. and given them the new reference number and surprise surprise they will pay my court costs and have taken my contact details to keep me informed of the progress, not holding my breath but things maybe looking up, will keep you all posted
    Its like something from a carry on film! No wonder the company is in the state it is in. Sounds promising, but I wouldn't spend the cash until their cheque has cleared
  • katiekins82
    Options
    Hi there
    I travelled to Mexico in November 2012 and was delayed 24 hours due to a technical fault" with the airplane. We lost an engine over Belfast and were turned round back to MAN where we sat in the airport for 5 hours before being told that we could not fly untill the following morning.
    Return flight. Due to "a dispute between TC and Mexican goverment" we were delayed 2 days. We were told that TC had not paid the departure duties so Mexican gioverment grounded all planes. Although I do not have that in writing!
    The response i have from TC is that both were extra ordinary circumstances. Does anyone know if this is the case and what i should do next??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure