Huawei G300 £65 from Tesco

Comments

• sillygoose wrote: »
    Considering Very sent mine in its box with just a plastic bag around it, its a good sign of its robustness as it still survived even a Yodel delivery! - I just hope your in as it won't fit the letter box Yodel will probably try forcing it through using the Transit as a battering ram.

Or in my case just leave it on the doorstep and run off (I was in at the time and saw the van moving off at high speed). Yodel are useless. Fact.
  • I work from home so I'm always in! Despite that not long ago Yodel claimed to have tried to deliver something here but no-one was in, when of course I was. They came without warning the next day. It's such a shame that so many companies use what seems to me a really unreliable service. I'll post here if and when my phone arrives!
  • pledgeX
    pledgeX Posts: 527 Forumite
    Just to answer a question I posted on the last page incase anyone else is interested. I got my unlock code through eBay and it unlocked fine so I'm free to use it on Orange now. No data was lost and all of my settings were retained. Nice and easy.. :)
  • Slightly OT but IIRc it's been discussed in this thread. Just to allay any fears about the 'security' call from Isme affecting your Quidco/TCB cash back, I 'got the call' when I ordered from them in August and my £9.90 cash back has just been received by Quidco. £63 net, what a bargain!
  • Woo hoo - it's arrived on the day it was promised! A quick question which I hope is okay - do you have to have a sim card in the phone before you can unlock it? I have a sim coming from Virgin and intend getting an unlock code from ebay but don't know if I need to wait until the sim card has arrived? Please forgive my ignorance!!
  • Woo hoo - it's arrived on the day it was promised! A quick question which I hope is okay - do you have to have a sim card in the phone before you can unlock it? I have a sim coming from Virgin and intend getting an unlock code from ebay but don't know if I need to wait until the sim card has arrived? Please forgive my ignorance!!

The ebay code will take a day to arrive anyway so go ahead and buy it (they only require the EMEI number). Yes, you need a sim card because you have to prompt the phone to prompt you to input the unlock code and you do that by inputting an incompatible sim. HTH.

PS Don't forget Virgin allow tethering!
  • The ebay code will take a day to arrive anyway so go ahead and buy it (they only require the EMEI number). Yes, you need a sim card because you have to prompt the phone to prompt you to input the unlock code and you do that by inputting an incompatible sim. HTH.

PS Don't forget Virgin allow tethering!

Many thanks for the information. :) OK will do! It's terrible being a moron, I had to look up tethering :o So when I get my laptop, I can use the phone as a modem - is that right?
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yes, although it will hurt your data allowance.
  • MillicentBystander
    MillicentBystander Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    edited 2 October 2012 at 5:09PM
    Agreed but you can get a Virgin SIM for £12/mth which gives you 150 mins, u/l texts and u/l (truly) web. Which has to be a bit of a bargain.
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,397
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Just an update to my friend's battery and data usage problems.

As I said I did a factory reset at the weekend. All was fine with both data and battery over the weekend. tested it at work on Monday. Over the same timeframe that saw 30% battery and a chucnk of data being used, now only 3% of battery was used and no data.

I'm still not sure exactly what caused this but all seems fine now. My friend is now very happy with her phone.

Thanks to all those that offered suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure