"Sealed Pot Challenge 3"

Comments

• Kerfuffle
    Kerfuffle Posts: 1,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Sue-UU wrote: »
    Oh very well done on the $2.00 coin Kerfuffle! Target's all done as well.

Re them being up too, they, like you, couldn't wait to get on here! What great threads we've had with wonderful folk! :D

I'm really off to bed now, something tells me it'll be a busy morning, great stuff!

Sue x

Night Chuck, sleep well, you deserve it. :D
  • Surfbabe
    Surfbabe Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Morning - thanks for all the hard work Sue and Sparky or is it Stunty (whoops sorry closed the other thread)

Can you target me £200 again please Sue - number 061

Have a good one everyone
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,618 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Challenger #439 checking in for SPC #3.

Doubt I'll post on here much more than I did in 2009, but I promise I'll be continuing to save my 'shrapnel' (any coin under a 10p that ends up in my purse).

Additionally, for this year, I'll also be saving the money I get knocked off my grocery bills due to a staff discount card. I only got the card last Wednesday, which is why I'm only starting this pot up for SPC3 ;)

I'm also debating bobbing in the equivalent of any money off vouchers I use :confused:

I get Mr T giftcards from a survey site (had £50 worth this year, and just waiting on a couple of credits to clear so I can claim my next £10 :) ), as well as my Mr T C/Card vouchers (which I never use on rewards, as there's nothing that appeals to me - though I did double some up for clothes when they ran that scheme for a short while in 2009). I've also been known to buy a newspaper now and again for a voucher, but if I do this I shall deduct the cost of the paper from the value of the voucher(s) before dropping the saving into my pot.

Not sure about a target :confused: I didn't set one for 2009, as I wanted a 'base year' to see how things went first. But I'm moving the goalpost by including additional categories now, so all up in the air again :rolleyes2

Managed £25.96 in 2009, so perhaps a £30 target for shrapnel isn't unrealistic as I want to do a lot more shopping by cash only (to try and rein in the spends/maintain a better control on bank balance)
    Staff discount on groceries might reach around the £50 mark
    Other vouchers totally undetermined, especially as I seem to qualify for less surveys now I'm working than I did when I was a SAHM in a single-parent household :confused:
    Unless I get 'bonus point' items from Mr T, I'd be surprised to get more than around £15 in vouchers from them, including points earned on petrol (though I do have some hanging around the house, so possibly £25 to spend in total)
    Vouchers from papers are a total wild card, as it depends what comes up and whether they're places I'd use them at a time I can afford to use them (I know there's been a Lid! one recently, but I don't spend enough there to manage the minimum spend in 6 months, never mind in one go :rolleyes2 )
    I also get C00p dividends, but this is another wild card for 2010. Got a very substantial pay-out in 2009 (compared to previous years), but this was due to having money in an account with them while going through probate. Our local store also closed in the last couple of months, so I can't see this being more than a tenner in 2010?
    And I also use a cash-back site during the year, but not a lot of this comes into my 'live on £4k/Frugal Living' challenge budget. But I think that anything that does will also get put into the pot rather than deducted from my spend (dropping it into a pot when it hits my bank solves the problem of whether to deduct immediately or wait for it to clear before I do so :o )

Soooooo......

based on the above my best guesstimate of what I could manage looks like being £180.

But I'd rather come in over than under (would prefer a sense of achievment to a let-down),

so I'm I think I'm going to set myself a target of £100
    Cheryl
  • Here I am. XXXXX
    :grin: Save me from spending...
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2008 - £1004:T 2009 - £1139 2010 - £1260 :j 2011 - £1557 2012 - £740 :beer: No 195 Target £1k
  • Helen105
    Helen105 Posts: 363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Add me to the list please.

2010 is going to be full of challenges one of which is saving £400 for next Christmas.
  • luckycharlie
    luckycharlie Posts: 1,840 Forumite
    :santa2: Hi .

I'm back too!!

bet they were hoping to lose us LC!!!!

XLC2
    SEALED POT CHALLANGE No 021 2013 Saved £2570:j:j:j
    Roadkill live too near Sparky to ever get any:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Just polishing my stars:staradmin :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
  • add me aswell please :)
  • Hiya! Please count me in again. I see i'm already on your list :D
    Do you know we were dying to open the tins on Monday night but we decided to wait. But we were so tired last night, we didn't :eek: I only just remembered this morning but OH is at work now so will have to wait til tonight!!!
    :j Baby boy arrived 22nd August 2012 :j
    :jSecond menace arrived safely 13th February 2014
    :j
    Debt Free Wannabee 2015
  • keza
    keza Posts: 1,309 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    back for the next one! i would like my target to be £250! im hoping to smash that as this will be the only money i have for xmas pressies next year cos of the wedding! xxxx
    Current Mortgage balance - £348,607.76/£395,999.
    Tesco - £9,757.91
    HSBC - £7,186.54
  • Sorry Sue-UU, but the old thread is now closed so cannot put up my totals :o
    Just opened our copper pot as cannot wait for OH to come home, but i've saved our "big money" pot for later. Saying that I did find some pound coins and a fiver so must have been having a confused day that day hehe
    :j Baby boy arrived 22nd August 2012 :j
    :jSecond menace arrived safely 13th February 2014
    :j
    Debt Free Wannabee 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business