VODAFONE on my credit file?

Options
Vodafone is on my credit file and says it's a open account even though I cancelled my account years ago.
How do I get this off my credit file.
Vodafone started billing me months after I left for a account that didn't exist, trying to get this sorted was a nightmare and obviously it's still not been corrected properly.

Comments

• tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have you thought about maybe speaking to Vodafone?
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Pkayman82

You mention that it was a nightmare dealing with Vodafone previously, what was the outcome of this? For example, did they accept you no longer had an open account with them?

You'll need to get in touch with Vodafone again. If you contact the credit reference agencies they would only refer your dispute to them in the first instance anyway. If Vodafone accept it is their error they should correct your credit file.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Pkayman82,

If this remains unresolved, please email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ehlo
    ehlo Posts: 397 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is a widespread issue and yet vodafone have done a terrible job of resolving it.

I have previously been through the e-mail form that the representative has linked above.

While Vodafone were successful in correcting my credit file, their system then automatically reopened it again a month later!

I am waiting until the end of the month to see if it resolves itself before the hassle of dealing with them yet again :(
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi ehlo,

I'm sorry to hear that the query regarding your credit report remains unresolved.

So I can get this looked into further, please reply to the last email you received from us and update the thread with your email reference number.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • tenchy
    tenchy Posts: 486 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tykesi wrote: »
    Have you thought about maybe speaking to Vodafone?

I'm guessing he has, but to no avail, hence his enquiry here. Do you have any constructive suggestions?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    tenchy wrote: »
    I'm guessing he has, but to no avail, hence his enquiry here. Do you have any constructive suggestions?

Seems pretty constructive to me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport