USWITCH..UNRELIABLE ????

Options
2»

Comments

• loon_2
    loon_2 Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    i agree that is is important to base calculations on actual consumption, but it is more important to fill the fields in correctly. eg Powergen currently of 3% dd discount and 3% for their onebill, which on uswitch is classed energy saving plan. however, if you say that you use £100 on each annually (i know its a small amount but its just a visual) and you choose the energy saving plan, uswitch will say you spend £200 annually. however, if you choose powergen standard for both, uswitch will add the discount and say £188 annually. so when making calculations make sure that you are inputting you details correctly..... i hope that this makes sense?
    Beware the green?
  • chateau42
    Options
    Read meters every week, gotta check the wife's activity. ::)
    The moving finger, having writ, moved on.
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Couldn't agree more about using the actual consumption unit for comparisons.

Im currently redoing my Gas & Elec article. I think one of the confusions is the 'when price changes are incorporated' and what assumptions are made about usage based on price. This means they don't always equate.

Unfortunately all Uswitch could say on your programme was

Hi Martin,

The uSwitch.com website is accurate, comprehensive and reliable. In order to deal with queries effectively it is essential that we speak directly to the individual customer so that we can discuss their specific requirements. Please ask any customers who have questions about the service to call our customer service team on 0800 093 0607 or email them at customerservices@uswitch.com.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Robert_Sterling_3
    Options
    Perhaps they should be called uswitchtwice.
    ...............................I have put my clock back....... Kcolc ym
  • chateau42
    Options
    Robert_Sterling. Good un ;D ;D ;D
    The moving finger, having writ, moved on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure