Flight delay compensation, all other EU airlines

Comments

• No, I'm the only passenger.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Electronic bank transfer is one of the accepted methods of payment (so bank details will be required) however Power of Attorney has nothing to do with your claim - insofar as I understand.
  • My flight to Copenhaegan was delayed over 2 hours due to a refueling truck mechanical failure on our air craft.

Initially they claimed it was ATC delay but have now admitted it was due to the refueling truck. They are however still claiming that it was outside their control.

Would a delay by their contractors resulting in a delay be considered an exceptional circumstance?
    Would this be worth raising to ARN?

Best regards
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Just1n wrote: »
    My flight to Copenhaegan was delayed over 2 hours due to a refueling truck mechanical failure on our air craft.

Initially they claimed it was ATC delay but have now admitted it was due to the refueling truck. They are however still claiming that it was outside their control.

Would a delay by their contractors resulting in a delay be considered an exceptional circumstance?
    Would this be worth raising to ARN?

Best regards
    Probably not an EC.
    Scuse ignorance - what is ARN?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • It's the independent(?) consumer disputes that SAS have digned into.

www .arn.se/other-languages/english-what-is-arn/
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    In any event, the arrival must be more than 3 hours late to make a claim which may not have been the case here.
  • redjamie
    redjamie Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hi all
    who can we contact regarding a Jet2 flight in 2011
    where can i find all the details i would need to do this
    thanks in advance
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 March 2017 at 4:41PM
    redjamie wrote: »
    hi all
    who can we contact regarding a Jet2 flight in 2011
    where can i find all the details i would need to do this
    thanks in advance

with my Jet2 claim they asked for boarding passes / booking reference. Do you still have these?
    Do you know that your flight was delayed more than 3 hours and what the reason was or is that what you are trying to find out?
    If you have the flight number and date you could try checking on the NWNF sites to see whether they believe there is a claim (although they are unlikely to handle it as I assume you are close to the 6 year deadline)
    Have a search for "Vauban's Guide" you may need to send £10 to Jet2 as a SAR to see what details they hold

You also need to consider how long you have to commence court proceedings (6 years from date of flight) If you are close to that then Jet2 may mess you about until you are out of time. (if you are past that you may as well forget it)

Jet2 thread is here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4384707&highlight=jet2
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    bumped back up
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • pdoherty78
    pdoherty78 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hello All,

I have an issue that I am hoping someone can help with. To help I will provide the back ground to all this:

On 7th August 2016 my friend and I were leaving Amsterdam after a weekend away. Our flight with Vueling (VY8406) was due to leave at 19:50 local time. We got to the departure gate before 19:00 and waited around.

Around 19:40 we were told there was a delay and the flight would be about 30 minutes late taking off. This then changed to a 45 minute delay. At about 20:45 we were informed that the airplane had a technical fault and would not be taking off.

As you can imagine everyone from the plane was surrounding the gate for information. The representatives at the gate informed everyone that there was a possibility that some of us may be able to get on a flight the next day (Monday), but they would definitely have us home for Tuesday.

My friend and I needed to be back that night as we both had working the in the Morning.

Looking at alternate flights the return flights to Luton with EasyJet were already full so we got a BA flight to Heathrow and then took a taxi back home, which was actually Luton.

The next day I cam to this site, found the link to the MSE Resolver website and followed all the instructions there. During each step of the Resolver Vueling came back and said they've checked and owe us no compensation.

I then contacted the Civil Aviation, but as the flight originated in Holland, they couldn't help.

I then contacted the Dutch authorities by post as they do not have a direct email. I filled out their form and sent off copies of everything that they required and waited.

They got back to me a few weeks ago to say that they have checked and found that Vueling do not owe compensation as the flight was merely delayed by 2 hours 41 minutes. They said that some passengers did not want to wait so made alternate arrangements.

If true and the flight then suddenly tool then this is very annoying as we got home at 12:30 am, but had we waited would have been home an hour earlier and not had to pay for additional flights!

As this was so long ago I cannot remember the flight screen saying the flight was cancelled, or have anything to prove that the gate staff were informing everyone of this.

I have tried to find info about this flight, but cannot find anything that shows information going back this far so wonder if anyone can help?

Details are as follows:

Flight No: VY8406
    Date: 07/08/2016
    Time: 19:55
    Departing: Amsterdam AMS
    Arriving: Luton LTN

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Pete
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing