Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Good to see you posting again MrsR. Don't beat yourself up, you're now back on plan. You can't change the past but you can change what happens going forward.

Stoke we all know life can get in the way so it's a case of Be good when you can and careful when you can't. Perhaps try having some SP days in between now and Wednesday and again between Thursday and the weekend. You might still get to target with a plan in place.

Today's plan:

B - baked oats, mixed fruit & quark
    L - LO burgers (DD's partners kids didn't come so as the burgers had been frozen previosly we've not really got a choice but to eat them today), salad for me and buns for DH
    D - chicken & bacon carbonara

HEA - milk
    HEB - oats
    Syns - burgers 1 (butcher's low fat @ 0.5 each)

Not planning any more syns as had too many over the weekend. Still need to work out how many syns I have left for today until Wednesday.

Denise
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Had a few days offline. Still really struggling with the weather. Ended up in hospital last week as my kidneys weren't coping at all. Now have doctors appointments 3 times a week to keep an eye on me until the weather cools down, with the threat of being readmitted if need be :(
    Got very strict instructions to take it easy too, which I haven't got time to do, and unfortunately it is the food prep that is having to give a little, and as a result my eating isn't as healthy.

Weigh in tomorrow and not expecting it to be good.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - couscous salad
    Dinner - chicken, wedges and salad
    Snacks - fruit, SF jelly, cereal bars

HA - milk
    HB - cereal bars
    Syns - SF jelly (0.5), rest of my syns (plus more) eaten over the weekend :(
    Zebras rock
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Here is last week's chart.

9-7.jpg

Well done never to old :T and Sky_ :T on SOTW

*SOTW is the person who lost most this week who also lost or maintained last week.
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Morning :wave:

Welcome to the newbies :hello: Some great losses last week :T - even I managed 1LB.

Please shout up if you spot any errors/omissions in the chart :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Thanks for the chart Chris.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • gettingtheresometime
    gettingtheresometime Posts: 6,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 9 July 2018 at 10:30AM
    Stoke wrote: »
    Hope everyones had a nice weekend. Big week ahead what with the football. Although I'm fairly confident I'll finally get my 5st award (been 0.5lb off for weeks now), I will openly state in group that it's off until the World Cup is over. I will be eating rubbish and drinking loads Wednesday and Sunday. Guaranteed ;)

Once that's done, I'll finally smash it and hopefully get to target within the next 2 months or so.

I've set myself a target of 6 weeks to get mine so come on Stoke you and me together.

I have wrote OH a list of jobs I want doing before he watches the game..... :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Oh SSM - I want dosh to keep me from watching it....as every time I don't watch it England wins :rotfl:
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Had a few days offline. Still really struggling with the weather. Ended up in hospital last week as my kidneys weren't coping at all. Now have doctors appointments 3 times a week to keep an eye on me until the weather cools down, with the threat of being readmitted if need be :(
    Got very strict instructions to take it easy too, which I haven't got time to do, and unfortunately it is the food prep that is having to give a little, and as a result my eating isn't as healthy.

Weigh in tomorrow and not expecting it to be good.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - couscous salad
    Dinner - chicken, wedges and salad
    Snacks - fruit, SF jelly, cereal bars

HA - milk
    HB - cereal bars
    Syns - SF jelly (0.5), rest of my syns (plus more) eaten over the weekend :(

Your overall health is far more important.

I don't know if it would help but would one of those cooling mats that people are using for animals help?

I've bought today one from the Tesco garage & it's only the size of a laptop, so not very big at all until I can get a bigger one as the dog has really struggled in this heat and I was surprised how well it works (well had to test it before giving to the dog didn't I??) I'm going to get one later for my mum as she's struggling as well.

Thanks for the chart ChrisV & well done Never too old & Sky_
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    I don't know if it would help but would one of those cooling mats that people are using for animals help?

I've bought today one from the Tesco garage & it's only the size of a laptop, so not very big at all until I can get a bigger one as the dog has really struggled in this heat and I was surprised how well it works (well had to test it before giving to the dog didn't I??) I'm going to get one later for my mum as she's struggling as well.

Thanks, will look in to it, because if nothing else it might help me sleep better
    Zebras rock
  • kathrynha wrote: »
    Thanks, will look in to it, because if nothing else it might help me sleep better

It is actually called a cooling pillow ....I'm just glad you weren't offended!
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    I've set myself a target of 6 weeks to get mine so come on Stoke you and me together.
    Let's do it!!

I keep telling myself once the world cup is over, it'll be easier, but I know other things will get in the way. Hopefully not.

To members at target, is it easier to maintain than lose? Obviously once you're at target you don't have to worry about losing, but does a bad day affect you more weight wise than when you were bigger? I'm really keen to know this :)
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Afternoon all!

Well done on the losses everyone!

I have rejoined SW now after missing 3 weeks, I have a starting weight of 22 stone and want to lose as much as possible before my wedding next April.

My old consultant was covering the class and I've realised how much I miss her, so I've decided to find out which classes she does and go to one of those, even if it's the one at 7:30am on a Saturday morning! :eek::eek::eek:

Meanwhile, I noticed 'prickly pear' on the fruit list and have been singing 'The Bare Necessities' ever since! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills