Avios Points Boosting guide discussion

Options

Comments

• Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Don't know the answer to your question but I suggest looking at https://www.headforpoints.com
  • anotherbigspender
    Options
    Nick_C wrote: »
    Don't know the answer to your question but I suggest looking at https://www.headforpoints.com
    You will not receive the sign-up bonus if you have held a Platinum, Gold or Green American Express card in the six months before you apply.

For clarity, you will definitely receive the sign-up bonus if you already have a BA Amex, SPG Amex, Platinum Cashback Amex or any Amex issued by Barclays, Lloyds or MBNA.

After the first year, when the £140 annual fee kicks in, you can cancel at any time for a pro-rata fee refund. American Express is the only card issuer to offer such a pro-rata fee refund.

American Express no longer has a minimum income requirement for any of its cards.

The bold text suggests I am fine with the cashback card
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    definitely second headforpoints
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • carolW_2
    Options
    Does anyone know how you can sell points.
    i have many and will not be able to use them for either flights or hotel bookings.
    I know there are companies which offer to buy points but are they legit?
  • worldtraveller
    worldtraveller Posts: 14,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    carolW wrote: »
    i have many and will not be able to use them for either flights or hotel bookings.

Carol, have you looked into the likes of using your points for things like theatre tickets, wine, car hire, days out at theme parks, etc.?

If you "sell" them I doubt you'll get anything like the same value.

However, if you want to "sell" them then I'll leave that to others who will know more than me. :)
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • malkie76
    malkie76 Posts: 6,170 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You can’t sell them because they remain the property of the scheme at all times. As above - look for other spending options.
    Legal team on standby
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options

You can use them to book flights for friends.

The "other" spending offers aren't very good value, but better than nothing.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    i have many

can you confirm approximately how 'many' ...it may help with ideas knowing whether 10,000 100,000 or 1,000,000..
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    As suggested use them to buy a flight for friends or family & get them to give you the cash
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • carolW_2
    Options
    I have about 190,000 Avios points
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills