Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• fay66
    fay66 Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I know exactly whre you r comming from but look what you have a home and debts can be solved, I wish I owned my own home etc, Im working 40 hour week and dont see anything x
    Debt £10k , HMRC £3K old debt £4k Jan 2021
    Had biatric surgery was 135k 2016 now 97kilo 22.1.20 up to 106 kilo 12.1.21
    Travel plans New York 2021 New year cancelled due to covid
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    A nine day fortnight sounds good.
    A cleaner sounds good too & if it lowers your stress levels & makes you feel more in control then all to the good :)

I chucked four old pairs of shoes today which felt good :)

Sorry that visiting DN is so stressful :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    A nine day fortnight sounds good.
    A cleaner sounds good too & if it lowers your stress levels & makes you feel more in control then all to the good :)

I chucked four old pairs of shoes today which felt good :)

Sorry that visiting DN is so stressful :(
    Thanks beanielou. Well done on the shoes and a good reminder that decluttering really works for me too. I need to get back to it :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    fay66 wrote: »
    I know exactly whre you r comming from but look what you have a home and debts can be solved, I wish I owned my own home etc, Im working 40 hour week and dont see anything x
    I know Fay66. I am very lucky in many ways. I do have a home and I will be debt free sometime soon. At the moment I am working in a second job on my days off quite a bit and I just feel life is out of control. Sorry for moaning and I hope your situation improves soon.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    You are not moaning.
    That is how you feel.
    Don't apologise for it.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Are compressed hours an option? Maybe half a days leave and four and a half days over four.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You sound how I did a couple of years ago. I went down to a nine day fortnight, all be it I ended up looking after my DGS. Loved it so much now do a 4 day compressed week. Yes the day is longer but knowing on Monday morning that I only have to get up till Thursday is very motivating.

See what your employers offer.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Are compressed hours an option? Maybe half a days leave and four and a half days over four.
    Unfortunately we work to a rota so I am unable to do compressed hours. My employer tries to be flexible in other ways and is generous with WFH days
    You sound how I did a couple of years ago. I went down to a nine day fortnight.
    See what your employers offer.
    I can only do this if I use my leave but I think I will do that. Thank you.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Yesterday I was wiped out with a massive migraine. Lost a whole day I could ill afford to lose so now I have 1 free day off instead of 2. Pressure has been building for days. The migraine has gone but it feels like a storm passed through me and I feel wiped out but calm.

I realise I got myself into a right old state. :(

What has clarified for me is I cannot afford to reduce my days. :(

No one has said 2 weeks holiday and 9 public holidays in a year isn’t doable so I might go with this plan.

If I stay on a full salary in 2018 I can get a cleaner fortnightly and a gardener once a month as these are high stress factors for me.

Any additional private work I will use to fund a 2 or 3 month sabbatical from January 2019 after which I will have worked on the house for a year and I can then afford to officially reduce my days to 4 days a week. :)

The private work opportunity that came my way last week I thought carefully about. I told her I could not do it, but would she be willing to wait to 2018 when I could accommodate her? She said yes! This will fund me for a month of my sabbatical. :T

I’ve caught up on washing dishes and I am washing sheets to drape over my patio doors tomorrow (thanks Beanielou for the idea) I will have to clean the patio doors first :)

I hope your week started well reader :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    Sorry about the migraine but it does sound that you have really clarified your way ahead.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure