Dancing in the Rain

Comments

• I made a payment to debt of £200. It felt good to make debt payments outside of my payday :)

Have a good day reader :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    That's awesome! Well done you :)

It's nice to see that debt figure come down, especially when it's somewhat unexpected.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,184 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great news on another payment :)
    You will be in the 5's before you know it :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • JoJoC wrote: »
    That's awesome! Well done you :)

It's nice to see that debt figure come down, especially when it's somewhat unexpected.
    Thanks JoJo, the extra money came from the private classes I nearly gave up until you gave me a new plan of action :)
    beanielou wrote: »
    Great news on another payment :)
    You will be in the 5's before you know it :)
    I know! I will! So exciting. Thanks Beanielou :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Good morning Campers

I had a bad afternoon at work yesterday and then I did not have a good hospital visit last night so I went to sleep stressed. I woke up feeling upset and negative and ruminating on past events I cannot alter. :(

I caught myself in time and changed the direction I was heading in. Literally. I got on a train at 6.30am and went for a coffee and then I bought some iron as my iron and B levels may be contributing to my state of mind. I popped into Lid1 too for green veg. Last night I got lots of YS protein, reduced from £4.15 to £1.00. I stocked up my freezer but there were no veggies to be had.

I now have an insulated bag with me in case I need to purchase YS items when I am not heading straight home. This seems a bit sad. I’d rather have Chanel no 5 in my bag or a passport in case an exciting opportunity presents itself :o

The weather is gloomy so I have lit a candle and added fairy lights to the room I will be working in today.

A new private work opportunity has arisen. I don’t want to be overcommitted. This would have been perfect if it was next year when I could drop my working days. Life happens at its own pace with little regard for my plans. I will need to think about it.

I am meeting a friend tonight for coffee and catching up with another for a call too. I might talk it through with them. :)

I need to take some action on the house in some way. I will set new goals over the weekend.

Have a good ending to your week reader :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Sorry to hear you had a bad day yesterday - i'm so glad you managed to pull yourself out of your negative feelings though and distracted yourself with activity. Feeling a bit better now I hope?

Wow - look at you! So in demand! I know it feels overwhelming but you're doing the right thing taking your time to consider it and talk it over with a friend. Also, i think you should take a moment to really look at what you have achieved so far and appreciate that these opportunities have only come your way because of the hard work that you've put in. You should pat yourself on the back!

The weather is gloomy here too - I could do with a beautifully smelling candle to perk me up but I'm in the office today so no can do.

I hope you have a lovely weekend!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,184 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Just remember how far you have come :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Just catching up for the week - well done on an extra mid-month payment to the debt.

Fingers crossed the squirrels have gone permanently - who knew a radio would be all it took??

I walk through a park on my way to and from work and occasionally would see a squirrel, yesterday there were loads of them mainly collecting nuts but two of them were playing chase round a tree trunk - it was lovely to watch. This tree was massive, probably 10ft circumference with many undulations and these 2 squirrels were up and down, round and round for ages. They looked like they were having fun.

Hope you have a good weekend.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 9 September 2017 at 9:12PM
    JoJoC wrote: »
    Wow - look at you! So in demand! I know it feels overwhelming but you're doing the right thing taking your time to consider it and talk it over with a friend. Also, i think you should take a moment to really look at what you have achieved so far and appreciate that these opportunities have only come your way because of the hard work that you've put in. You should pat yourself on the back!
    Thanks JoJo :)
    beanielou wrote: »
    Just remember how far you have come :)
    Thanks Beanielou :)
    Just catching up for the week - well done on an extra mid-month payment to the debt.
    Fingers crossed the squirrels have gone permanently - who knew a radio would be all it took??
    Thanks Eager Elephant I can't normally pay off debt any time other than pay day so it did feel nice!
    Yey to the radio. I might also look for those sonic things to keep them away until the roof is fixed :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Today I went to the hospital again. My Darling niece is so sick but I feel bad admitting I find the visits stressful, but there it is. I went after a tough day at work. I even got on the wrong train home so added and extra 45 minutes to the journey...

I feel like I am losing control with the house and gardens and there isn't time to get to grips.

I have booked 4 days off the week after next but I don't know if I can hold on that long. I have an overwhelming desire to stop the world and get off.

I have a personal gym session booked tomorrow but I may cancel as I just need to stop...

I keep thinking about dropping a day next year but the sums don't add up because of all I need to do on the house. Another option is to use my leave to do a 9 day fortnight. I am then left with 2 weeks holiday and 9 public holidays. (I get fairly average pay but great holiday entitlement now I have been there 5 years :))I would then book a cleaner once a fortnight to help with the demands on me, but will that be enough to keep me from having regular meltdowns?

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills