Atlaschoice.com Car Hire Discount

Comments

• We've just come back from a lovely break in Menorca - great to be in Spain during the world cup!! - and had a car booked with Atlaschoice. Promo code AME973 works still!

That code got us £20 off the car (which was with Europecar) - no problems at all - cost us £210 for two weeks so can't be bad!!! :money:

Booked flights directly with Monarch (use SkyScanner.net to compare the prices - monarch was way cheaper than easyJet)

Booked our apartment through hotels4u - excellent stuff, really saved tons not going through travel agent like normal. :money::money::money:

So to sum up:

We'd recommend this way to a cheaper family hol: Atlaschoice - definately the way to save £££ on carhire, compare flights on SkyScanner (monarch) and use hotels4u to save us loads on the apartment.

All in all, top hols for less cash! :money::money::money:
  • the only thing i can say that it is worth pay a bit more for better service this company should be closed by by trading standards, but as with all goverment department they run slow, so more of you will be ripped off by this company.
    customer service none
    customer feed back none ]
    refund none
    they web site will take your hard earned money but you will not get the car at the other end, it is run by crooks.
    i do you take note i fell in to the save money at all cost trap and it ended up costing more see the review centre atlas choice.

michael bradburn
  • We used Atlas choice at Porto airport last year. Staff were friendly, car was clean and on time, they were also cool about it being returned a half hour late. No hidden or extra charges, no problems.
    Emails and phone calls were also punctual and clear.:money:

IanisBamBam may have had such a terrible experience, but my experience is a world apart: are we really be talking about the same company? I think it comes down to the staff on the ground at each office. The Swiss are not as friendly as the Portuguese, for sure.

If you do get crap from staff at such a distributed company, just go over their heads.

Good luck and happy hols!!

Malcolm
  • Malcom, I'm interested to know which company your car was from? I've received a quote from Atlas for a particular vehicle at Porto Airport which is £60 a week cheaper than any other. Sounds too good to be true! The small print catch seems to be that the pickup/dropoff office is only open Mon-Fri 09.00-19.00 and they charge 60 euros for pickup/dropoff outside those times. This must mean that the compnay is not one of the main car hire places at the airport, which are open all hours. I'm just wondering how much hassle might be involved?
  • Whatever you do - discount or no discount - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. There is a high chance they will leave you stranded without a car and feel that they are doing you a favour by not charging you ! This is the reply we received having been left car-less on a Sunday in Larnaca (the company is not open on a Sunday and their call back service did not call back !) - we have mentioned several times that reimbursing our car hire costs does not cover the unexpected costs of a taxi to our hotel (€80) plus countless internet and telephone call costs trying to sort this out. They have no interest. Reading reviews on various sites on Atlaschoice we are clearly not the first this has happened to - and having spend the first hours of our holiday on the phone and airport email - I wouldn't touch them if they were giving the cars away for free. As you can see below though - they ARE very sorry !!!!!!

Our customer service team has replied to your query #****.

This is the message that was sent:

Sorry for the delay in dealing with your query, the person that have been dealing with is on holiday now.

But we have cancelled and refunded you in full (£ 204.71 GBP) on the 04.10.11 and this normally takes 3 to 5 working days to reach your account.

And we ARE very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you and your family.

Thank you very much for your time.

Best Regards,
    Car Hire Team
  • Here's the deal: Atlaschoice hook up with all sorts of suppliers, doubtless some good some bad. I hired a car through them and the supplier in Italy denied all knowledge. I had to pay through the nose with another car hire (Avis - who were great, although obviously expensive on the day) That was back in August 2011. Atlaschoice, who my contract is with, simply put up all the barriers (including treating my claim it as a complaint whereby you have to wait 30 days, claiming the person dealing with your complaint is out, and there being no seniors to them....). Its nearly Feb 2012 and I'm still waiting for them to settle. My case is cast-iron, confirmed by my local trading standards office, and next step is small claims court. But its a hell of a hassle, which is of course, in their favour.
    So, if all goes well with your booking, AtlasChoice may be fine, but if there are any hiccups, don't expect them to help (or pay up). On this basis I'd avoid, as I wish I'd done in the first place.
  • cjdean
    cjdean Posts: 17 Forumite
    NEW PROMO CODE WITH BIGGER DISCOUNT - ATC300001210 worked out a couple of quid cheaper than the other code mentioned previously :)
  • Please do not use Atlas Choice as your preferred choice for your car rental. This company has no customer service at all. You pay for you whole car hire up front but may well not get your car when you go to pick it up and you will NOT get a refund. Please beware and stay away from company. Give our money to a more reputable company.
  • BEWARE - this company also call themselves eRentals.co.uk. We were caught out that way and are still trying to get our money back from a December hire that we paid for in full in advance, and they didn't have a vehicle matching our booking available when we turned up. In fact their dodgy partner Easirent tried to pass off a 5 seater as a 7 seater, and charged us for an additional driver at the time of pickup as well!

We have given them notice of legal action to get our money back and will take it 'all the way'.

Whatever you do, DO NOT USE Atlaschoice, eRentals.co.uk or Easirent.
  • Beware of Atlas car hire/erentals!
    Well I would say you get what you pay for!
    I had one car hire with enterprise car hire via Atlas choice which was fine then 3 weeks later after my vacation I had another with Alamo via atlas but when i tuned up at the airport i apparently failed an address check even though I have no adverse credit ad have owned my home for 6 years, I offered to have my bank fax a statement but they would not accept it and just told me to call atlas.

I called atlas choice and the Customer service advisor displayed a very rude unhelpful and uncompassionate attitude, no manager or supervisor there for me to speak to nor did the advisor take my details and offer the manager call me when he becomes available, they could not transfer the booking to enterprise (as they would hire me a car) nor would they cancel my car hire with Alamo, so there I was with a 1year old, 9 year old 3 cases and a car seat stranded at the airport!

Thus my car hire for 11 days has in total cost me...
    £163.55 Paid to eRentals/atlas for original hire
    £92.56 Paid to Enterprise to get myself and daughters home
    £180.52 Paid to Enterprise for the remainder of the hire period
    A total of £463.63 compared to the original quote of £163.55!!

I am still battling for a refund of the original payment but after almost a month and a few nice and not so nice emails it doesn't look very good!
    So no I would NEVER use Alamo car hire which is also erentals car hire again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure