9 flights .co.uk

15678911»

Comments

• I used 9flights last year to fly to Argentina with my wife, 18 year old daughter and then 7 month old son. I explained that I was returning on a different date but that we all wanted to sit together on the flight out. After being told this was possible it later became apparent that it was not possible to have 3 adults sat in the seats in front of the cots (this being confirmed by the airline not 9flights). This I can understand and appreciate, but 9flights managed to book me a seat far from my family rather than being close as per the initial request. I ended up having to pay extra (£80 from memory) to change my seat to the row behind my daughter, wife and baby. I remember making many calls, being told the person who did the booking was on holiday, and having many emails ignored, all rather stressful. I requested a vegetarian meal which did not get passed across to the airline and by the time I realised it was too late to change it on the airlines website.
    Oh, and they also changed my outbound flight times in the lead up to the departure date giving some reason which I don't recall. Fortunately for me this change suited us better. Had it not then we would have been a different conversation.
  • xJonny
    xJonny Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I posted before that I bought a ticket with the company over a year ago, my summary is this: you are getting a good price for the flights (which went without a problem), but expect almost zero customer service. My return flight was also moved to 30 minutes later (which incidentally worked out better); I don't know if this was due to 9flights or the airline. At least there was an email sent about this.

As mentioned before, their support via email and livechat was dire, and I never received the discount that it said I would get for ordering in next 5 minutes on their website (was fobbed off when asked about it) - what a dirty trick.

Tip: Depending on your airline, you might be able to use the eticket number you are given to do an online checkin and choose your seats/meal, although it's quite possible some better seats have already been reserved since you can only do an online checkin quite close to the flight.
  • Regrettably, they are a real company... As I purchased 2 return flights through them with "Air India" from London to Bangkok.
    When you buy the flights directly from Air India you get a normal refunds and date changes policy etc. But when purchased through "9 Flights" they change the terms and conditions so that they are non-changeable & nonrefundable!!

Regrettably I didn't realise this until it was too late & myself & my partner had to fly home early for a family emergency. I contacted 9 Flights to attempt to change the dates and they quoted me £450 to change them and could only have a specific flight which I couldn't make... A brand new flight with Air India on the other hand was around £30 more for a flight of my choice so I simply had to book a new one expecting to get a refund for the 2 unused flights when back in the UK...

On arriving back in the UK I attempted to cancel the return flights (giving them 2months to sell them again) And I was told there is NO refund available as they're classed as partly used!!!!!!

Obviously we don't plan on ending trips early in emergency's, but I didn't expect to be £500 out of pocket because they adjusted the terms and conditions from the airlines......

I highly recommend you DO NOT USE THEM!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure